Droid Maxx Updated to 4.4.4
B33
Legend

The Droid Maxx Family of  Phones  has a new update  Motorola is now pushing out after the Soak Test was completed  the   4.4.4  or 21.11.21. update as I've read has some nice changes to it..  follow the Link below for those changes..  Enjoy and if any one has got this update pass on your thoughts on it on this Thread..  Thanks Smiley Happy  b33

Here are the Full Changelogs for the DROID MAXX, ULTRA, and Mini Android 4.4.4 Updates | Droid Life

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx Updated to 4.4.4
danielback1964
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes but it has caused problems with assist

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Not sure what assist is if it's  present in the other builds I have not used it, and my phone is running fine so far with what I have on it Jelly Bean but I will try to read into it and see what it consist of..

0 Likes
danielback1964
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do a lot of driving so I mount my phone to the dashboard of my car. when I get a text it would give me an option to listen to the message or ignore it, then I was given the opportunity to reply to the text by voice. The great part was I never had to touch the phone. It also would launch the speaker when voice calling.

0 Likes
RGNJ

I haven't installed the update yet. I also use those features while driving. Has the issue been resolved?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well mounting to Dashboard in some instances could be Very Dangerous  to the phone and to you especially if you have Airbags in your Car,  if the phone is the zone of the Airbag and if the Air bag should deploy it could catch the phone and throw it like a projectile at you possibly or your passenger..  It might be better to put the phone in a safer area while driving..

When I drive I always put my phones in the Center console or one of the Cup Holders that we have in our new Taurus..

I'll add in a screen shot later.. of were i put them..

jj04
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone else had issues with MMS picture messaging? Sending/receiving any pictures does not work in the Messaging app.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Is this the Verizon messaging app or the native app that comes with phone.?  Have you tried clearing the cache on the app that might help with the issue your seeing and when sending pictures you have to send them Via the Network.!

jj04
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, the native Messaging app. Clearing the cache worked like a charm. Thanks!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome.Smiley Happy b

0 Likes