Droid Maxx Wifi and Restart Issue
KristyNG

My phone almost never sees my home wifi, even when I'm literally right next to it. It randomly connects and drops it. Also, my phone also restarts a couple times a week.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx Wifi and Restart Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to connect to WIFI ensures your data allowance stays in check, KristyNG. Let's get to the bottom of this. When did this start happening? Had there been any changed to your device (i.e. software update, new app, etc) when it started? Does it stay connected to other WIFI?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KristyNG

Hi LynnD,

Thanks for your help. The issue started two months back, it could have been

earlier but we didn't notice it until we started going over on data. No new

apps, no damage of any kind. The phone doesn't stay connected to any wifi,

at home or at school. The phone is my husbands. We have the same phone. We

will be in the exact same spot and my phone is fully connected and his

doesn't even see the home network. I have seen on the message boards other

who had the same issue possibly after an upgrade to software 4.4.4.

-Kristy

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're inching closer to the issue, KristyNG. WIFI is definitely crucial to keeping within your allowance. What software verison are both devices connected to? Are there any issues keeping WIFI turned on or even accessible to switch on and off in settings when this is happening?

LynnD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KristyNG

Hello.

Both phones have Android version 4.4.4. My phone connects to our Verizon

internet right away as do our families and friends when they are over. My

husbands phone sometimes will see the WiFi but won't connect or drops it

soon after connecting. It always is searching for another network. (So WiFi

stays switched on for his phone) but it never finds or holds WiFi.

On Oct 11, 2015 11:02 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate those additional details, KristyNG. Our next step is to determine if this is a software corruption issue, or a hardware (WIFI antenna) issue. Has a factory reset been completed on his device since this started?

LynnD_VZW

0 Likes
KristyNG

No it has not.

On Oct 14, 2015 12:59 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know I rely only Wifi to work everyday. Lets get your Wifi connection back in order KristyNG. At times when your device goes through a software update, it may require a hard reset to get your phone working properly. Can you please back up the content on your phone and complete a hard reset on your phone. For directions on how to perform a hard reset on your phone click, http://vz.to/1fD9Zb3

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW

0 Likes
KristyNG

Completed. Problem still happening.

On Oct 16, 2015 1:14 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KristyNG,

Thanks so much for giving that a shot. We really appeciate your efforts. We know this is important to you and your husband, so we want to get this resolved. Since you completed a factory reset and the issue persists, we can assume this is a hardware issue and we'll want to review replacement options. Please contact us via phone, livechat, or social media, so that we may assist you with your replacement options. http://vz.to/1IczeM5

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes