Droid Maxx Won't Forget WiFi Network
lroehrdanz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey all,

I just upgraded to a new Droid Maxx and I'm running into a frustrating problem.  I configured a wireless network at the office (a limited guest network) and connected to it just fine.  I then got connected to the full permission WiFi network and I decided to drop the guest network.  I went to drop the WiFi network from WiFi - Manage Networks - Forget and it worked.  Temporarily.  I came back a few minutes later and it had reconnected to that guest network (which requires a password) and that guest network appears in my list of networks when I go to Manage Networks.  I tried to Forget it again, which works, but once I lock the phone and come back a few minutes later, that network is back in my list of networks under Managed Networks.  The problem is that it keeps connecting to this network.  I've tried rebooting the phone and that doesn't help.  The really odd thing is that when I Forget the network from Manage Networks, it comes back complete with the password.  The only work-around I have found is to leave the network in my Manage Network list and change the password to something incorrect so it cannot connect.  However if I then Forget that network with the bad password, it comes back with the correct password.  My question is - what can I do to permanently remove that WiFi network from my Manage Networks list (short of a hard reset of the phone)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Lee

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Maxx Won't Forget WiFi Network
lroehrdanz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Final resolution - I did another factory reset without restoring anything from the Google backup.  The WiFi network is gone finally!  I'm suspicious of an app that might have captured that information and retained it.

Lee

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's odd. All of my devices will forget a wifi network after I long press to get a dialog and choose "forget network".

Try forgetting the network when you are in a different location and not in range of that wifi network. Reboot the phone afterwards and see if the wifi network remains gone from the saved list.

Hope this helps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lroehrdanz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I tried that - went for a walk and once I was out of range, I forgot the network (and made sure it was forgotten), powered down, waited a few minutes, then powered back up.  Bingo the network was back in my Manage Networks list.

Any other ideas?

Lee

0 Likes
lroehrdanz
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is now hitting the point of absurdity.  I have restored to factory settings.  After going through the setup wizard, guess what?  It found that WiFi network (complete with password) and connected.  I'm running out of ideas at this point.

0 Likes
lroehrdanz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Final resolution - I did another factory reset without restoring anything from the Google backup.  The WiFi network is gone finally!  I'm suspicious of an app that might have captured that information and retained it.

Lee

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I guess that could be a possibility.

At least you have it removed like you wanted.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes