Droid Maxx mdnsd draining battery
TIMMB
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've started seeing significant battery drain due to the mdnsd app.  I've seen several suggestions to remove Firefox or Freeflight, however I have never installed these on this phone.  I've checked to ensure that the phone is updated, which it is.  i need help try to resolve this issue.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Maxx mdnsd draining battery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a consumer myself, I truly understand your concerns regarding your battery life and the applications that use your phone’s battery TOMPER54. While some applications cannot be removed from your phone, you can always disable those applications so that they are not using any resources in the background.

Please visit this link for steps to disable applications: http://spr.ly/65848u2er

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should check the community for similar discussions to see if there is any suggestions you can try. One recent thread is MDNSD draining battery droid mini.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TIMMB
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've already done that.  The only suggestions I've seen are for those who have Firefox or Freeflight installed on their phone.  I've never had either installed.  Hoping someone can offer additional suggestions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TIMMB-

Having ample battery life is key. I definitely want to make sure that you have a charge you can rely on. How long have you noticed your battery life draining? You mentioned this is a result of the mdnsd process, where are you seeing that in your device? When this first started happening do you remember making any changes to your device (new software update, new applications, etc)?

AmberK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TIMMB
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've seen it appear after the phone has been on for about 6 to 8 hours.  I'm attaching a screenshot of what it looks at this moment.

I just did a factory reset 2 days ago, so I've tried everything that other discussion threads have suggested.  The problem simply won't go away.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

TIMMB wrote:

I've seen it appear after the phone has been on for about 6 to 8 hours. I'm attaching a screenshot of what it looks at this moment.

I just did a factory reset 2 days ago, so I've tried everything that other discussion threads have suggested. The problem simply won't go away.

You can't attach a screenshot to an email reply to the email notification of a new post in the community. You have to sign into the community and reply directly to the thread and use the text editor box to add the screenshot image to the post.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TIMMB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is the screen shot that I had tried to attach earlier.  MDNSD is now 2nd from the top, with Screen at a slightly higher value.

IMG_0128.JPG

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TIMMB, I know having s battery that constantly drains has to be upsetting. I know some times I don't have an extra charger with me so I depend on my battery a lot. I want to ask if you can please follow this link to run this test on the device. Please let us know what happens in the outcome. Veronica_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TIMMB, here is the link. http://spr.ly/658083g6u .

VeronicaM_VZW

0 Likes
TIMMB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's two screen shots that show the results of using the "Run health check" tool at the site you recommended.  I've added a third screen shot of how my phone's "Battery Saver" looks after 6 hours of use.  Note that mdnsd is the top of the list, and if you could feel the phone you could tell it's running warmer than normal.  If I power off and on the phone mdnsd will disappear off of the list for about half of the day.

Screenshot_2016-12-28-12-04-59.pngScreenshot_2016-12-28-12-05-05.pngScreenshot_2016-12-28-12-03-40.png

0 Likes