Droid Maxx mobile hotspot says "Error" and wifi won't turn on after 4.4.4 update, help please?
dmaxxu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Motorola DROID Maxx, unrooted that recently just auto installed the 4.4.4 update.

I was putting off updating it because I had heard about some issues and I haven't experienced those but I have gotten the Mobile Hotspot telling me "Error" whenever I try to turn it on. I am subscribed for it through Verizon so it shouldn't do that and it was working prior to the update.

Also the wifi will not turn on unless I toggle airplane mode on and off and even then only very briefly.

I am not trying to turn on mobile hotspot while wifi is on.

I need mobile hotspot and wifi to both work otherwise it will be an issue.

So far I have tried re-checking my mobile hotspot subscription status, restarting the phone, wiping the app cache from mobile hotspot as well as wiping the partition cache (recovery mode options). None of these seemed to have solved either of the problems and I am therefore requesting any help. I would prefer to avoid a factory reset as I'd have to put all my apps, settings, accounts etc back and that would take a while.

Can anyone please help?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Maxx mobile hotspot says "Error" and wifi won't turn on after 4.4.4 update, help please?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want all features to work on your phone dmaxxu! I see that you have already done all basic troubleshooting (and not so basic - wipe cache partition). The next step is to do a factory reset (I know it is not a popular option), please follow steps at this link http://vz.to/1yP9tbo uncheck at step 3 **very important**. Test and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

Re: Droid Maxx mobile hotspot says "Error" and wifi won't turn on after 4.4.4 update, help please?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want all features to work on your phone dmaxxu! I see that you have already done all basic troubleshooting (and not so basic - wipe cache partition). The next step is to do a factory reset (I know it is not a popular option), please follow steps at this link http://vz.to/1yP9tbo uncheck at step 3 **very important**. Test and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

dmaxxu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, I was too tired last night to update but unfortunately I had to factory reset it.

Backing up everything and restoring it all to mirror as it was prior took forever but it's working now.

Thanks for the response.

0 Likes