Droid Maxx post 4.4.4 update charging issues
dmaxxu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had posted earlier about issues RE mobile hotspot and wifi since 4.4.4 update ( Droid Maxx mobile hotspot says "Error" and wifi won't turn on after 4.4.4 update, help please? ). I ultimately did a FDR which solved it but it is now also giving issues regarding charging. Basically I am using the proper Motorola charger and car chargers and from time to time the phone will not charge unless I turn the phone on and off. Since the update I have already wiped partition cache and done a FDR. After the FDR I manually went and pulled back apps I needed and returned the settings to how I had them (wallpaper, Motorola Assist, active display options, accounts, auto backup of sms/mms and photos taken etc).

I was wondering has anyone else had these issues?

Any recommendations on how to solve them?

Do I need another FDR or is this an issue I would need to replace the phone over?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Maxx post 4.4.4 update charging issues
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I was replying to the other user's question regarding what FDR stood for.      But to answer your question ... another FDR might correct the issue; wouldn't hurt to try, if you're willing to go through the hassle of setting everything up again.

View solution in original post

Riff22903
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry if this obvious to others but what is FDR?

Thanks.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Factory Data Reset, i.e.,

Reset my device

dmaxxu
Enthusiast - Level 2

FDR is factory data reset

dmaxxu
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, another FDR would solve my issue?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I was replying to the other user's question regarding what FDR stood for.      But to answer your question ... another FDR might correct the issue; wouldn't hurt to try, if you're willing to go through the hassle of setting everything up again.

Riff22903
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Tiki!  I thought that might be it but wasn't certain...