Droid Maxx reboots on its own at least once a day. What makes it do that?
Philipc714

Droid Maxx rebooting on own at least once per day. No special circumstances or conditions. Anybody have any idea why or how to fix problem? 

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx reboots on its own at least once a day. What makes it do that?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Charleysdad,

Your phone should be the least of your worries and ensuring it is working as it should is the goal.  When did the phone begin to reboot?  Have there been any recent changes to your device such as app download or software update?  Keep us posted so that we may assist further.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Philipc714

This is actually 2nd go round with this problem.  Never found out the cause the first time.

Happened about 6 months ago, did factory resets, reloaded apps one at a time, etc couldn't pin it down to any specific cause.
Phone vendor suggested I contact Motorola, they replaced the phone under manufacturers 1 yr warranty.  Replacement phone, one i'm using now and with the developing problem, worked fine until last week or week before when reboot issue began again. 

Software up to date, system version 24.13.1 obake-maxx_verizon, android version 4.4.4

Any ideas on resolving issue(s) so i don't have to try to replace phone again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I don't want your phone to contantly reboot Charleydad. I do appreciate everything you have done so far. How long did you wait after you did the reset to download applications? Is your battery fully charge when this happens?
AmberF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
swvaboy

My Droid Maxx does the exact same thing, except it happens anywhere from 2 - 3 times a day.  It can happen while I am in the middle of a call or text.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PSW_II, we understand how this could get frustrating. Let's try running a Device Health Check on your phone: http://vz.to/1joCw5c.
EstebanP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes