Droid Maxx won't connect to home wi-fi after last update!
JJ59

It connects to my wi-fi at work, but here at home, it will not connect. My tablet does no problem. HELP! Not to mention it's running up my data since it's not connected to wi -fi here at home. I've turned off the apps in order to save on that!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx won't connect to home wi-fi after last update!
JJ59

It will not authenticate

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JJ59,

We know how important it is to connect to you home WiFi connection. I use my WiFi as well for minimal data usage on my plan. Let's work together to figure this out. Have you tried deleting your WiFi connection on your phone? Also, have you tried resetting your home router and then connecting to it? Please advise of any steps you have completed so far.
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Coatman

I have the same isssue. On a very rare occasion it will connect to my home network. This has happened once. And I am as well eating my data up. I have looked at all the forums for tips/tricks. And nothing works. It will sometimes connect to Xfinity cable hotspot but that has not happened lately either.

This is a big common problem with this device from my understanding.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Coatman, this concerns me as much as it does you. I want to make sure that we have all features on the device working the correct way. Are you only having issues with connecting to your home network? Do you have issues with connecting to any other wi-fi routers? Please keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Coatman

It used to connect to Xfinity Hotspot that was in my house but now it doesn't even do that. It will sometimes connect to Xfinity Hotspot outside of the house but this is rare. Honestly it has not connected to anything lately.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Coatman, that seems very strange to hear. I know how important it is to have all features to work on the phone. Since the update on the device, has there been any other changes to the phone (new 3rd party applications)? Also, is there any kind of physical or liquid damage to the phone? How long have you had the device? Please keep us posted.
KevVZW_VZW

0 Likes
Coatman

No 3rd party applications added. That is the question always asked. I did a factory reset and still nothing. I have not done factory reset in a while for obvious reasons.

No physical or liquid damage to the phone? It is is great shape. This is technically a replacement phone so probably had it since March of 2014.

I believe the phone itself is the problem. For instance yesterday the phone connected to my work and home wifi yesterday all the done. I believe the battery is defective now. I dont have protection coverage so it is likely I am not under warranty for replacement. Might just have to buy a new phone if I cant resolve this. I am already going to have to change my data plan for this month. I am not huge data user but I share the plan with my wife.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Coatman!

Thank you for taking the time to complete the factory reset. I'm sorry you're still having problems with your home Wifi? Are you getting an error message when trying to connect? If so, what is the message? Have you gone into your Wifi settings and "forget" your home Wifi connction, then try again to re-connect with Wifi?

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes