Droid Maxx
Topdeputy

About a year ago my phone started shutting down without warning, why?

Check for system updates when activated tells me; Your device's software is up to date". but under "Status"; Download failed: Time; Tuesday, May 10, 2016 8:13AM was the last update.  if the last update failed, then why does it tell me its up to date?  Is there a connection with update failed and my phone shutting off without warning.  I am currently a deputy with the local Sheriff's Dept. and my phone is a vital part of my job.  Its hard to explain to the Sheriff why I didn't answer the phone when called.  It doesn't sound good to say, "My phone is possessed and shuts itself off without warning".  Help please.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried to factory reset the device without restoring any of your settings or applications?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Topdeputy, help is here as you deserve a properly working phone. There could be many reasons for your device to have these issues. Third party applications, lack of available memory, even possible damage to the device. Ann154, this is a great option as factory data resets typically do the trick of fixing the device. Topdeputy, before doing this step, it’s important to know what is causing this. Has there been any applications downloaded when this began happening? What about the available space? To check, go to Settings>Storage & USB. Please keep us posted.

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes