Re: Droid RAZR Maxx no sound problems
chrisdem

I have been having the same issue.  As mentioned by someone previously, taking a screenshot (or rebooting) seems to clear up the problem.  This leads me to believe it is a software problem and not a hardware problem.  It will happen to me once every couple of weeks.  Annoying to say the least.

Also, pressing the speaker trick did nothing for me.  So there may be two different issues here.

0 Likes
technology_sucks

I don't have the maxx just the razr......but it is highly annoying try and play music,watch a video and have no sound have to reboot to get it to work again....Nothing better when you say hey guys check out this video oh wait give me 5 minutes to reboot my phone.And then it does it again on the next song or video.And the best thing is i bought these phones when they came out, for me and my wife with the hd dock car dock and everything else spent just short of  $900.00.And the best VERIZON can do is replace it with someone else's used piece of crap.I take great care of my things these phones were to last us 2 years,then our children could have them for use with wifi to watch netflix and listen to music.Oh wait no they can't because no matter how good you take care of them there garbage right out of the box.VERIZON I HAVE BEEN WITH YOU FOR OVER 8 YEARS SPENT ABOUT $12,000 ON PHONE BILLS AND DEVICES THANKS FOR STICKING IT IN AND BREAKING IT OFF TO A LOYAL CUSTOMER.YOU SERIOUSLY HAVE TO RETHINK YOUR REPLACEMENT PLAN WHAT'S THE POINT OF PAYING FOR INSURANCE JUST SO YOUR BROKEN DEVICE IS REPLACED WITH ANOTHER BROKEN DEVICE.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well all i can say is it's getting that way any more when you buy stuff and Warranty sometimes doesn't really mean a thing. I think the Policy when a person buys Like a phone could change a bit especially if an individual is having repeated issues. Verizon could Sell a new unit at half price or could give the individual some money for the Unit there turning in or trading in if they stay with the same class of phone. But that's a wish of just one person..

0 Likes
chrisdem

Did you try the screenshot workaround?  Has worked great for me and only takes a few seconds to do rather than doing a full reboot.

0 Likes
chrisdem

Did you try the screenshot workaround?  Has worked great for me and only takes a few seconds to do rather than doing a full reboot.

Since the issue did not appear for me until ICS makes me believe it is more of a software issue rather than a "faulty" hardware issue.  I am guessing there is an app that is conflicting with the sound.  The fact that taking a screenshot clears up the issue makes this even more likely.

0 Likes
racerboi99

I got the Razr Maxx and had to return it the same day because the speaker wasn't working.  Month later the 2nd phone had same issue.  Now on my 3rd phone and again same issue.

Half the time the speaker doesn't work.  The only way to get it to work is to stick a headphone plug into it and wiggle it around.  Half the time the navigation voice doesn't work, again speaker issue.

The only thing Verizon does is to ship off your phone and send a refurbished one back.

I would think a lemon law would allow us to get a brand new phone.   Anyone looked into that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@racerboi99

That's three too many devices!  I want to ensure we are providing you replacements that are in excellent condition.  To ensure we provide our customers the best, we send our Certified Like-New replacements through a rigorous 100 Quality Checklist.  http://bit.ly/VgAmU6  The manufacturer's warranty will always replace with a certified like-new of the same make and model device.  If you're not yet eligible for upgrade and wanting a different model device, you may be eligible for a Certified Pre-Owned Replacement http://bit.ly/TQDkhJ!  Check it out.  This way you can get a different model device, at discounted pricing and without renewing your contract and without loosing your upgrade eligibility status.  Let me know how you'd like to proceed so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
klazarski

I have had the same (or similar problem) a few times.  The first time, I tried the screen shot method, and the sound immediately came back.  The second and now, as of this morning, the third time the pressure on the back near the speaker worked.  I don't drop the device.

I only had the phone a week before the ICS update, so I'm not sure if it's a software or hardware....but since it's seemingly fixed with a gentle massage, one has to assume hardware.

As a note, I have not gone in to get this fixed, but have talked to a in-store Verizon rep and they agreed it was a known problem among them, but nothing official through the store.  I have not tried communicating with Motorola.

Phone purchased in June 2012.

0 Likes
haqueax

Have been missing calls because the Razr Max sound does not work.  Put in vibrate mode. Probably last time every buy another Motorola.  No point in calling Verizon because they will act as if the problem is unique and at most ask to send the phone back to get a refurb.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Did you try a soft reset power plus the down volume hold for at least 20 to 30 sec. Let go of the buttons let it repower itself.. then try the setting again the volume see if it works..

0 Likes