Droid RAZR Maxx shutting off randomly and not turning back on.
DeathmetalHobo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sure this has been asked before, but so far every discussion I've gone to has not helped at all.

So a while back, my phone starting randomly shutting off, not shutting down, just *zap* off. Almost as if I were resetting the phone with the power and volume keys. I had to plug it in and it would come on, show 100% battery. I would turn it on and leave it alone. Usually within thirty minutes it would shut off again. Then I read somewhere that the wifi could somehow be affecting it. Whether it was the wifi or not, I turned the wifi off and it suddenly stopped shutting off. Could be coincidence. Could be cause and effect. This was a couple months ago.

Then yesterday it started doing it again, but now when I plug it in, it doesn't always come on. Actually more times it doesn't come on than it does. I'm pretty sure it's not my charging port, because when I plug it into the computer, the white lite comes on every time. But when I plug into my wall charger (using the same usb cord), nothing. I've tried a two motorola chargers and one generic one and they all do the same thing, nothing. Any ideas?

Labels (2)
Re: Droid RAZR Maxx shutting off randomly and not turning back on.
B33
Legend

You may have a Bad app causing the Issues have you recently got any third party apps from the PlayStore you may want to run the phone in Safe Mode and see if the issue stops if it does then you trace back the last apps you got prior to the phone having the issue.. when you find the bad one if there is a bad app remove it and then see how the phone responds.. If all is good then your good to go

But if the issue persist then more action is needed I would then Clear the System Cache then follow up with a Resetting of the phone but try the first suggestion first..  Good Luck let me know if this clears the issue. b33

0 Likes
DeathmetalHobo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't recall any apps that I've installed in the past week. Plus, there will be instances where it will come on long enough to show the red Moto logo then shut off again, so hardly enough time to load any apps that may be bad. I've already done a factory reset and cleared the cache to no avail. I'm starting to think its a hardware problem. Possibly a loose connection with the battery. Have you heard of this being a problem? And do you think I'd need to replace the whole battery or simply get inside and secure the battery connection? I would have tried this last night but I need a T5 torx screwdriver and the lowest walmart carries is a T7.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

No bud I wouldn't go venturing inside the phone with it being a Sealed case I'd either return it to the store and see what there call of action is or Contact Motorola and send her in there pulling the back cover and trying to access the will void warranty and i hate to see that..

Try contacting the store first and if the don't help, Try calling Motorola.. that's the Course of Action i would take..

0 Likes
EGMS

Please give instructions on how to clear the cache and run in safe mode

0 Likes
B33
Legend
0 Likes