Droid RAZR can't connect to data in Spain
dj09ou

Hello,

I'm currently studying abroad in Spain, and I've bought a new SIM card from Vodafone so that I can use my phone here. (I can't register on the website as a Verizon customer because the password has to be sent to my Verizon number, which I can't access here.) However, although I have access to the regular phone network for calling and texting, I appear to have no access to data, even though the plan that I am on includes data. I've tried a number of solutions, but none of them seem to work.

1. I am not in airplane mode.

2. Data is enabled.

3. I have switched my Network Mode to GSM/UMTS (I appear to be on a UMTS network) and turned the phone off and on, but that did not change anything.

4. Turning on "global data roaming access" appears to do nothing, since I am not roaming.

Whenever I turn my phone on, I have to enter a PIN because the SIM card is locked. Shortly thereafter, the phone always informs me that my SIM card is "from an unknown source." Yet on my security screen (where I input my code as normal to unlock the phone after it goes idle), it says "vodafone ES," so it has at least partially recognized which network it should be on.

This whole process has helped me to get to know my phone better, but I've yet to solve the riddle of how to get it to connect to the Vodafone data network here. I realize that I might need to talk to the people here instead of Verizon, but I thought it would be best to start by talking to Verizon and then going to Vodafone once I had a clearer idea of what was going on. For the time being, it seems to be a handset issue, but I really am not sure.

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes