Droid Razr Dropping Calls
dsolano

Is anyone else having problems with the droid razr cutting in and out then dropping the call. Today is the 4th day that I have been experiencing this. I've done a full factory reset twice already and the phone is up to date. Could it be effects from the hurricane? Verizon doesn't seem to have any answers for me. My phone is only 5 months old and have never had this problem until Sunday. They checked the area for problems and there were none. Please Help. I'm getting very irritated and my cell is my only way of communicating.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr Dropping Calls
cvilleneuve
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Droid 4 and have been having that same problem for about two or three days now. I agree that it could be related to the hurricane, as I've never had this issue before and my phone is completely up to date. Very aggravating! Hopefully it will be resolved soon. In addition to dropping calls, it is struggling to connect them in the first place. Earlier I had to call a friend more than five times in a row before the call would even connect.

B33
Legend

It Could be if you Live close to the Area Was it Working Ok before the Storm Threw)

One thing i want pass on too ya!  After Doing a Factory Reset you need to Let the Phone Get it's Legs under neath of it sort of Speak) it takes a while for it to Get things Re-organized in itself as it was before the Reset and you did two of them) Don't get me Wrong a F.D.R is good thing to do just give the little guy some time to catch up) And it should be fine.Smiley Happy b33

jwnpayroll
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not hurricane related!!! Have had my MAXX since July and until three weeks ago it worked perfectly. Always able to call from house as i am on the border of 4G. always have 3g but sometimes 4. Now i can hardly make a call. Even though the phone shows 4g it drops the call. My bro-in-law comes here every week to work and he has same problem but a different phone. Leads me to believe it is the network not the phone. Will call VZ tomorrow.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That sounds like a good call) but you might try Motorola's Restore Connectivity App that might help your situation..

0 Likes
ebackens

I am having the same issue.  I have worked with Tech support to reset everything....replaced the phone....still dropping calls everyday.  I now see that I am not alone and that VZW is obviously aware.  I have been a long time loyal customer and expect to have a service that does not drop calls.  This was not an issue initially , only for the past 7 months.  Please either find a solution or provide me an alternate device tha does not drop calls.

0 Likes