Droid Razr Jelly bean update issue
PradeepReddy
Enthusiast - Level 2

yesterday evening my Droid razr got JB update.

After update, the phone won't show up home screen, instead it is continuously loading the boot screen.

i had a VERY LONG CONVERSATION(almost 2hours)  to VZW cust supp guy & these are the options he gave.

1) i need to buy (with my MONEY) new/recertified device to continue in the service

2) i need to do an early upgrade & buy new phone.

UNTIL YESTERDAY MY IS WORKING PERFECTLY FINE (with ICS) & VZW OTA update bricked my phone &

THEY WANT ME TO PAY /EXTEND MY CONTRACT BECAUSE OF THEIR MISTAKE.

& THE customer support guy blames Motorola & google for bad software update.

which is not true BECAUSE THE UPDATE IS A CUSTOMISED ANDROID OF VZW not motorola or Google.

BUT  STILL HE SAID HE CAN'T DO ANY THING.

I NEVER EXPECTED THIS FROM VZW & TOTALLY PISSED OFF.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr Jelly bean update issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did they walk you through the factory reset using the recovery menu? Could you even boot the phone into the recovery menu?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PradeepReddy
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, i can boot into recovery menu & can select recovery option.

but after i select recovery option, it will just show some dead green

android picture(whose stomach is open with stop/error symbol)

Thanks & Regards

Pradeep

<< Private information removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I Wondering this as Well) My Maxx is not doing to bad but there has been a Time or Two that the Chrome Browser wants to hang a Bit, And when using Zedge when scrolling the Wallpapers they drag a bit but it seemed to do this in ICS as well JIm hows your Maxx doing so far see any issues as of Today..

0 Likes
Not applicable

My Motorola Droid Razr Maxx is working perfectly normal after the update to JB yesterday.  I have been pleasantly surprised.  I think the OP needs to realize there is nothing wrong with the update.  It has been thoroughly soak tested.  If you are having problems, either your phone is defective, your software is corrupted, or your apps are causing a problem.  It has to be one or the other.  Most people who have problems have modified their phones and did not get them back totally stock before doing the update.  I would clear the cache, do a factory reset, and try again.  If that doesn't work, I would do an early upgrade.

0 Likes
PradeepReddy
Enthusiast - Level 2

MY PHONE WAS WORKING PERFECTLY FINE TILL YESTERDAY EVENING/BEFORE SOFTWARE UPDATE.

WHY SHOULD I PAY FROM MY POCKET WHEN MY PHONE IS NOT USABLE BECAUSE OF THEIR SOFTWARE UPDATE/GLITCH.

THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.....

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Not applicable

Because there is nothing wrong with the update or everyone would have the same problem.  Either your phone is defective, your software is corrupted, or there is a problem with your apps.  I would guess something got corrupted during the download or update.  That's why I suggested you clear the cache and do a factory reset then do the update again.  That's exactly what I did with my phone about 2 weeks ago in preparation for the JB update and it worked flawlessly.

0 Likes
PradeepReddy
Enthusiast - Level 2

plez read the prev posts before posting, i already went through factory reset option

yes, i can boot into recovery menu & can select recovery option.

but after i select recovery option, it will just show some dead green

android picture(whose stomach is open with stop/error symbol)

0 Likes
Not applicable

Do it again.  Clear the cache.

0 Likes
Tony1960

Did the update yesterday and now my phone is DEAD!  Nothing NADA! Won't even take a charge.   To pissed right now to call anyone.   We should not have to extend any contract or upgarde to another  phone. 

0 Likes