Droid Razr M has gone crazy!
ofima24

I have a Droid Razr M, barely three months old and all of a sudden, it's gone wacky. When I plug it in to charge, the screen goes black, sometimes with just the logo showing. When I unplug it, I have a hard time getting the screen back up. At times, a browser window will pop up on it's own. When I'm in the middle of a text, the phone takes over and starts texting itself. It's almost like it's taken a life of it's own. It also said the phone would not operate without a SIM card, it had one in it already. I took it to the local Verizon store and they replaced the SIM card, it seemed fine for a couple of days. Then the wackyness came back. I took it back since I couldn't turn it on and the associate told me to cycle it by holding down the power button and volume down button. That turned it back on but when I asked her about the other stuff, she said she needed to see it happen. I left because I can't snap my finger and make it go crazy on my own. Thankfully, I have one of those remote cylinder chargers that I can charge the phone with, kind of sad though that I can't use the charger that came with my phone. Has anyone else had any of these problems? What have you done? Looks like I'm heading back to the store, this time with my charger in hand so they can witness what happens when I try to charge it myself. I'm at wits end with this new phone!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr M has gone crazy!
ofima24

Oh yeah, now the green notification light keeps blinking, but there's nothing new going on, very frustrated! Why would Verizon sell a phone that doesn't work right???

0 Likes
ahill29
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same problem with mine. I just got the one I have now a week and a half ago and now the light are on but the screen wont come on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ofima24, let's figure out what's causing this wackiness with your phone. First, do you have an antivirus installed? If so, please uninstall as those have been known to cause this type of issue. Boot your phone into safe mode to test if these issues are still occuring http://vz.to/11n3xGU. Safe mode disables all third party applications. Let me know if you still need assistance after this.

Marquia_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning ahill29,

I'm sorry to see that you are experiencing issues with your phone after only a week and a half. Please try pressing the power button and the down volume key at the same time for about 10 seconds and then release. If this fails to start your screen please visit a Verizon Wireless store for a hands on evaluation. Keep us posted.

Antonio_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes