Droid Razr Maxx HD - Randomly shuts off since last update
garboots

Ever since the last update my phone shuts down and I can't turn it back on unless I push the volume down button and the power button for 10 seconds (reset). Then I have to push the power button and it starts up again. The phone will shut down randomly at any time even while I'm using it. Anyone else have this trouble? I will contact support before doing a hard reset.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr Maxx HD - Randomly shuts off since last update
B33
Legend

Try Running a System Cache Clear) See what that Does

Here is How to Clear the System Cache:  Follow the Directions as Noted

These are the Instructions on Clearing the Cache Partition:  For Razr & Razr Maxx

Top Alternate method

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press the Power button then select Power off.
    Note If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press and holdPower button. When the device screen goes blank release the Power button while continuing to holdVolume Up / Down, proceed with step 3.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press the Power button.
  3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
  4. Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
  5. From the Droid triage screen, press the Volume Down.. Hold for 12 sec. While doing that..  Press in for 1 sec. the Volume UP then Let go
  6. Select Clear the Cache Partition then press the Power button.
  7. Final Step..Select reboot system now then press the Power button.
0 Likes
chris209

I am having the same issue.  I cleared the cache partition and the problem persists.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Chris209
I'm very sorry your having random reset issues. Thanks for all the troubleshooting you've done so far. If the issue persists after clearing the partition. I would recommend trying a hard reset and retest. Here's how: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=66354&lid=sayt&sayt=hard reset razr*

Please let me know if the issue persists.
Sincerely,

Joe_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cookie_monstr

You are not alone.  Our Razr max is now randomly shutting off and not powering up either.  It seems to make it about 36 hours to 3 days and then shuts off and only a "reset" start will allow a power up.  The only new thing was the update.  The battery level is often above 50%, so it isn't getting close to power off.  Contacting chat support about it around a week ago and they hadn't heard of anything and wanted to just warranty the phone without trying anything.  I'm hoping a software patch will solve it instead, and will try the hard reset route before deciding on warranty return.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well it always a Good practice to shut down you phone once a Day what this helps it helps refreshen it especially if you have been Running a bunch of Apps or Even Making Call i always make a habit to shut both of my Razr Maxx's down at least once a Day..

And since you have the HD model there is a Update that Verizon put out Do a search here on the Forum and you find my Thread on it..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once a day? I haven't shut down any of my android devices for close to a week now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well they don't have to follow exactly what i suggested Miss Ann but it doesn't hurt You wanna come share some Rain were getting it Again Were gonna be Floating around here Soon just a Laugh to share but then again it's not Fun when it Displaces people.. O when is ever gonna stop!

0 Likes
cookie_monstr

Followup on the hard reset, it didn't work and the phone is still randomly powering down and will not restart with just the power key.  Will try the shutting off every day at night, but that seems like a workaround instead of a solution.  Our other Android phone runs for weeks without powering down just fine, and will restart with the power key.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for completing that troubleshooting step, cookie_monstr!
We have actually gotten other reports and Motorola & the software team are aware. We do know they are working on a fix for this, but no concrete date has been set just yet. We can look into replacement options if you'd like.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes