Re: Droid Razr Maxx HD Screen Crack
Not applicable

I forgot the 3G part, but I could live with that for a few days waiting on a new phone to arrive.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea that wouldn't  be bad at all.. Hey Jim i know it's a little off Topic an all but hows the weather your Way it sunny here in the upper 70 and very little clouds a Monday yes but a pretty one at that Smiley Happy b

0 Likes
Not applicable

Rain yesterday, last night, and early this morning.  Beautiful now.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Wow a Plain Jim come Get me. i'v never been up in one before..

0 Likes
Not applicable

I edited my post because I thought better than posting that here.  Anyway, flying is lots of fun and I've been flying for 50 years.

B33
Legend

Yea i understand Jim we better keep it on Topic but i got excited when you Told me about your Plane. Hey if you want Send me PM anytime Jim or if i can i'll send you one your way..  we can talk about all that Cool Stuff through that Way.. b

0 Likes
TMregan

Sorry, but I feel like I just go screwed.  A two inch long crack appeared on my phone while it was in pocket.  Do hits drops or any impact.  When to the local store and was told that they "had never heard of any problems with these phones" .  After reading all of the posts, I'm surprised that their noses did not start growing while they were talking. 

As a materials engineer, I know how ceramics and other technical materials fail.  The amount of stored energy in a material relates to how it breaks and the nature of the cracking in the material.  Long cracks with very little spidering is a clear indication of a weak material.  This is materials 101.  The gorilla glass on my phone had the strength of used toilet paper based on the crack propagation patterns.  A strong material will store and release energy, when the stored energy is release you convert the energy into damage to the material.  Ever wonder why Corel shatters in a million small fragments?  This is what you are observing. 

I am deeply disturbed at the response  Igot from Verizon, I can't wait until I get to deal with Motorola and they tell me that I must have dones something to cause the break.  Sad, I'll never but a Motorola product again.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well i'm No engineer although i wouldn't mind driving one of those Shiny Yellow things for U.P. and making 5 to 6 figures a year   I know this anytime i travel My Razr's are in there Holster's weather were a Foot or for a Ride i never stick them in my pant's Pockets or wear there in harms way.. Maybe my Coat pockets but they have allot of Room to play no tight any were there.. And i'v had my first Maxx now going on a Year and 3 Months my Second Maxx will turn a Year old in June.. both of my Maxx's could pass for brand new ones Heck my Droid X could as well i'm not bragging i just take of my stuff  " O "  i use them i don't miss use them..Smiley Happy  b33

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms out there: 

0 Likes
kimposey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same issue. Have had Droids for 7 years and loved them until this one. It is the worst of them all. My screen is cracked from the inside too. My home button doesn't work. The msgs Google and photos kept shutting down. Had to do a hard reset and enter everything back in. I am sending my phone in as well.

0 Likes