Droid Razr Maxx Signal Problem
BrotherTurtle

Is there some antenna problem that is common to all Droid Razr Max phones, or is it just me? Even though coverage is not good in my area, with my old phone (Casio Ravine 2), I could make a call anywhere in my house. Now I even have trouble making a call outside my house. I have also noticed that in many places where my Casio had a full signal, my Razr Max has less than half.

I switched from global mode to LTE / CDMA and re-booted, but that didn't help. I have also seen where VZW tech support has advised people to get an app from google play (http://bit.ly/Rr6pfO ) but when I go there, it says my device is not compatible with that version. Is there anything else that can be done?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr Maxx Signal Problem
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried turning off the phone, removing the SIM card, waiting a few minutes, then re-inserting the SIM card and re-booting the phone?  Sometimes a fresh connection to the network helps (it may not since you indicate you're in a weak coverage area, but won't hurt to try).

0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr Maxx Signal Problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand the frustration of having signal issues BrotherTurtle because not having the ability to keep a connection is not great service! Let's start some trouble-shooting to get this fixed. Is anyone else on your account having issues with signal? Has your phone been replaced yet? Where are you located? We can find out if there has been any reported in issues in the area. If technical support have performed trouble-shooting over the phone and you're still having issues, we may need to file a trobule-ticket for your area to check if anything has changed recently. I look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes