Re: Droid Razr Maxx is painfully slow
jp12345
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, please let me know what is available with the warranty.  There is no water/moisture or physical damage. The phone has been in an Otterbox case since the day I got it.  It's just unbearable to work with at this point.  I'm unable to swipe it to unlock it, so I'm missing calls.  Apps freeze up and the phone gets locked up.  I even get error messages that the home screen has stopped responding and needs to close.  Restarting helps only temporarily, like maybe for an hour or so.  Same issues keep coming back.  I would appreciate any advice you can offer.

0 Likes
kay_dee_gee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds like the LCD screen itself to me. There are only two options - 1 is to go into settings/applications/running -- find the one (can't remember the exact name, sorry) but find the one that's for the screen - I THINK it says touchscreen and force close it. Then power cycle ur phone (turn off/on) if that helps - even temporarily, it's the screen itself - OR the Screens "software". If it does NOT help at all - is the actual sensors/screen itself and the only resolution is another phone.  😞

That IS a KNOWN issue on the RAZR MAXX btw.. Known by Motorola and Verizon.  Google it "RAZR MAXX screen issue" you'll get a ton of results about the same issue.

Btw.. I had that phone right before this one - I LOVED it - great phone except for the screen, vibrate and LED issues - again. . All known. 

Good luck!

jp12345
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had no idea!  Thank you so much.  This confirms many of the issues I've been having:

- the inability to swipe my phone on when a call is coming in

- typing a letter and several other letters come up in its place

- tapping on an app and a completely different app opens up

So frustrating that this is a known issue and that no one has mentioned it to me before.  I do have insurance on my phone through the Verizon store I bought my phone from, but I'd have to pay a $169 deductible to replace it.  My phone is over a year old, so the standard warranty doesn't apply anymore, so I'm told.  That seems ridiculous to pay when it's a known flaw with the phone itself (known by both Motorola AND Verizon).  Unless the Verizon rep in this thread comes through for me, I'll have no other option than to pay the $169 deductible and get a new one.  If it truly is an issue though, I don't really want to get the same phone again!

My spouse also has the same issues (same phone), so we're dealing with this in double.  Ugh!

0 Likes
kay_dee_gee
Enthusiast - Level 3

jp12345

Are you SURE you only have a 1 year warranty?  You say you have Insurance for it - does that mean that you're paying a monthly amount included with your phone bill?  If so - then it is VERY likely that you have the "Extended Warranty" which extends the manufacturers warranty an additional year - but through Verizon,,, which is who the 1st year was actually through too - so I'm not really sure why they say that.  ANYWAY.... If you're paying a monthly "premium" on your monthly phone bill for "Total Equipment Protection" (generally $8/mo for Droids) but if so, then I am 99% certain that you have the 2nd year extended warranty.

But honestly... the way VZW changes billing and charges so often - I can't guarantee that's still the "Item Description" on your bill OR the monthly charge!  But just log into your account and view bill, there will be a loine item with the option for "more info" somewhere by it that will tell you exactly what you're paying for.

GOOD LUCK!!

(Actually, I'm hoping SOMEONE at VZW has already explained this to you and you've already gotten it handled!  Sorry, I JUST saw your reply Smiley Happy )

0 Likes
kay_dee_gee
Enthusiast - Level 3

jp12345 - Wait - BOTH phones??? And they're the same?  What software version are you running?  It's in Settings then "About Phone" .  You SHOULD be running JellyBean?  Or... whichever the latest one is before KitKat.  Android Version 4.2 I THINK??  I could be totally mistaken there - but... under "About Phone" click on Software Update and if there's one available - that will do it.

My apologies if this option/possibility was already discussed previously, I didn't even check.  Just my 1st thought when you said BOTH phones.  Because yes, it IS a known issue - but that would just be weird that you BOTH got bunk phones.  Not unheard of or impossible by any means - just makes me think possibly software??

0 Likes
jp12345
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, not an extended warranty.  It was listed as "protection plan" when we got the phones and we paid an up-front amount for it.

0 Likes
jp12345
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, both phones have been funky.  Mine has been MUCH WORSE, but the other has its moments.  The other phone seems to do better after a power off/power on.  Mine doesn't ever get better.  Both phones have gone through the factory restore though (mine just a few weeks ago, the other a few months ago).  I'm so done with these phones!

I'm on Android version 4.1.2. 

0 Likes
jp12345
Enthusiast - Level 2

After my local Verizon store told me that I was eligible for a new phone under the insurance plan and said they ordered it for me, I called today to check back on it because I hadn't heard anything.  I was told that the policy ran out 2 weeks ago!  They told me the phone was ordered and covered and now they have absolutely no record of it nor my phone call.  I'm so angry.  The Verizon rep at the store basically said "sorry, too bad."  I'm stuck in this contract until August and can't do anything about this worthless phone.  So bummed, and am rather livid at the local Verizon rep.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jp12345,

I am so sorry to hear about the issues you are having with both of your devices. We always want you to have fully functional devices. Thank you for the troubleshooting you have done this far with factory resetting the devices. I would love to review options for you. Please private message me so I can fully review your account.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twittter @VZWSupport

jp12345
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Lindsey, thanks for the response!  The system won't let me PM you because we're not "friends."  How should I proceed?

0 Likes