Droid Razr Maxx keyboard, battery problem
TonyMar

My Droid Razr Maxx keyboard won't work unless I do a soft reset every time I start from sleep mode, and my battery won't hold a charge. The phone was fine until yesterday ... the problems began after I used my car charger (which I bought at a Verizon store) and the phone suddenly got very hot. Would a car charger burn out the phone? Any speculation on the problem? Any ideas on a solution, or should I just exchange it? I bought it in May, so it should be under warranty, plus I have insurance. Dro

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr Maxx keyboard, battery problem
B33
Legend

When even when they say there are approved to Work with Devices like the Razr and the Maxx Tony i still don't like to use them i prefer to use O.E.M Motorola equipment. But is this a new Vehicle or a Older Vehicle weather the model year you might take it to your local Garage and have them Test the charging Port and make it's sending out the proper Voltage.  but if your phone got extremely Hot the damage might be already done as it could have damaged the board.

But by all means check each thing out. The charger, the charging port on your car and the phone.. If that New charger is what messed up the phones internals i would not settle on a Used Device i would Demand a new Unit.. Let me know the Results b33

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi TonyMar. It's not cool to have a hot phone. An authorized car charger should not have a negative effect on a cell phone. B33 did bring up a good point that the car may have something wrong with the charging port, but the charger itself manages how much power goes to your device and keeps from having major issues like that occuring. Keep in mind it's normal for the phone to get warm while charging or in use. Was the phone left on the car charger for an extended period of time? Was it being used (phone calls, navigation) while it was plugged in? Was the phone left in the car in extreme hot/cold temperatures for a long time? Has the phone been exposed to any liquid or physical damage?

If you're still experiencing trouble with your battery overheating and causing trouble with the rest of your phone, please visit a Verizon Wireless store http://bit.ly/3SdsA and bring all power accessories with, including your car charger, travel Charger, and/or desktop charger/stand.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
TonyMar

Thanks. Turns out it wasn't the car charger.The source of the problem apparently was an app I downloaded -- I wish I could warn everyone which one it was, but I can't say for sure. I suspect it was a game app -- either hearts, spades or dominoes. The first Verizon tech I talked to didn't seem to know how to help me. I called a day later and got a much more knowledgeable tech on the line. He walked me through a bunch of different possible solutions before concluding that I had to do a hard reset. Fortunately, I had everything backed up, and reinstalled all my apps except the suspect game apps. No problems since.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well it's Good to hear you got it Taken Care of Tony.. phones are a hole lot better to work with when there not ill from an issue..Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes