Re: Droid Razr can't send picture messages since JellyBean update
B33
Legend

Miss Tiki..  i just sent a Text Message on my Maxx Using  Wi-Fi  to my Maxx #2  that is connected to Network.. and Still streaming Slacker). Now this could be what's Stopping the Texting for some people they might be leaving out the Area Code and when you send Text Messages you have to Include the Area Code I done it on mine for a Long time but i haven't sent any text to any one in a Coons Age so i had to Try it. A refresh course sort of speak for me.. but it did go through Picture messages i haven't tried Yet but that's on the Menu.. b

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sending a text is like making a phone call, it requires neither wi-fi nor a cellular connection UNLESS you are attaching a photo or it's an enhanced text, i.e., it has animation or multiple recipients, then you have to send it via your cellular connection, it won't send/receive over wi-fi.

0 Likes
Not applicable

tikibar1 wrote:

Sending a text is like making a phone call, it requires neither wi-fi nor a cellular connection UNLESS you are attaching a photo or it's an enhanced text, i.e., it has animation or multiple recipients, then you have to send it via your cellular connection, it won't send/receive over wi-fi.

That is not correct. I can send picture messages to my wifes Razr with no problems, she can send one to me from her Razr and I can receive it on either my iphone or my own droid. B33 is absolutely correct.

In our home we are on wifi at all times. My friend at Sprint service on our wifi can send and receive both texts and picture messages and we are not using email. Someone sold you a line ha

B33
Legend

Elector::

Tiki is Correct i tried Sending a Picture Message and was stopped at the Gate.!!  i'll spare the Rest Regular messaging and Email you can send Wi-Fi  as for Picture messaging the Carries have something on that or it's Just the Set up if Wildman was here he could explain it better than i can if i remember it been some time ago Wildman said that time the Carriers intercept the MMS messages and adjust them.. to were the recipient will get the Message.. Hope this explains it some what.. b

0 Likes
Not applicable

IMG_20130503_165138.jpg

Please note I sent from my iphone to my LG Spectrum and it sent over wifi and was received over wifi. My friend on sprint can do the same to me or from me with no problem Tiki there must be others reasons people can't send and receive.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your cellular data turned on?  If so, try turning it off and see if you can still send/receive picture messages with wi-fi on.  The reason I ask is because you may want to do a search on this forum and the web about sending/receiving picture/enhanced texts over wi-fi.  It's never worked for me or anyone I know or read about; I always get an error message telling me to enable my data connection (I keep mine off until needed) and once it's enabled, the MMS' come through.  There are numerous posts from Verizon reps on this forum also stating that picture messages cannot be sent/received over wi-fi.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

tikibar1 wrote:

Is your cellular data turned on?  If so, try turning it off and see if you can still send/receive picture messages with wi-fi on.

I have wifi at home, but my cellular data is ALSO on (the 4G symbol is active,as is the wifi).  For now I leave both on, and it uses wifi where available and switches seamlessly to 4G when I'm out of a wifi area.

I haven't watched the symbols, but I'm willing to bet if someone sent me a pic message, it would be the 4G showing activity rather than the wifi.... 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Tiki my apologies it does not send or receive from either phone with cellular data off.

B33
Legend

This is the Message i got when i tried to do the DEED Smiley Sad  Tiki  i just wished i could remember what Wildman told me why the real reason that this Option can't Work..

Screenshot MMS Data Disabled.png

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

SuzyQ wrote:

I haven't watched the symbols, but I'm willing to bet if someone sent me a pic message, it would be the 4G showing activity rather than the wifi.... 

Exactly ... hence my suggestion of the 'experiment' of turning off cellular data.