Droid Razr - some texts not received
informationplease

I have been sending texts to friends with all types of phones.  In most cases, not all the messages I send are received - and these are to all kinds of phones.  In turn, my friends indicate they have sent me texts that I am not getting.  I just replaced my phone and my new phone is doing the same.  I was wondering if it could be a setting or an app that is causing this inconsistency?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr - some texts not received
Not applicable

Hi informationplease:

There are a lot of possible causes for text messages not being received, and I'd be happy to let you know a few quick troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue:

1) Reset the device by powering it off and on.

2) If you have any text messaging apps, please remove them. Note: These don't have to be specifically related to text messaging (Handscent, Go SMS, etc.), but they can have control over your text messaging in their permissions.

3) Ensure that the person sending the text message isn't using any special characters, a signature, or any unsupported graphics.  We often find when creating network tickets that the messages have never been received on our network which indicates the originator of the text message is having problems.

4) If all else fails, a hard reset may be required to eliminate any software issues.

Retest after each of the troubleshooting steps.  If you are still having the issue after completing all of the steps, feel free to PM me, and I'll call you as soon as I can to open up a trouble ticket or call 866-892-7957 (Tech Support).

Post any updates, findings, or news about your issue.

Regards,

MikeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
informationplease

Thanks Mike – I will try those ideas.

If you are in need of assistance, please also email your request to mtromly@mt.gov so we can make sure to track your message. Thank you!

Mary Craigle, Bureau Chief

Census & Economic Information Center

Montana Department of Commerce

P. O. Box 200505 – 301 S. Park Avenue

Helena, MT 59620-0505

http://ceic.mt.gov

(406) 841-2739 phone

(406) 431-9434 cell

(406) 841-2731 fax

mcraigle@mt.gov<mailto:mcraigle@mt.gov>

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own fact

0 Likes
jsb210

I have the same issue with not receiving random text messages.  I have tried all 4 solutions above but the problem still persists.  The problem was true a few months ago when I had an LG Ally as well before I upgraded to the Droid Razr which makes me believe it is a Verizon problem. 

0 Likes
informationplease

My software upgraded last week and seems like the problem is fixed. Some of my emails are still blank when I first look at them and my emails are not getting pushed to my phone automatically – need to manually refresh. But making progress…

If you are in need of assistance, please also email your request to mtromly@mt.gov so we can make sure to track your message. Thank you!

Mary Craigle, Bureau Chief

Census & Economic Information Center

Montana Department of Commerce

P. O. Box 200505 – 301 S. Park Avenue

Helena, MT 59620-0505

http://ceic.mt.gov

(406) 841-2739 phone

(406) 431-9434 cell

(406) 841-2731 fax

mcraigle@mt.gov<mailto:mcraigle@mt.gov>

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own fact

0 Likes
Plague

I have had the same problem with my Motorola Razr for over 2 weeks now.  It seems like the problem just started after the new software update. 

0 Likes
jsb210

If anything, the problem is getting worse.  Today I can confirm 4 texts missed from one person and one from another (another Verizon Droid Razr user no less). 

0 Likes