Droid Razr will not power on after new update.
Anthony95

I have the Droid Razr and attempted to download the new update this morning.  My phone has powered down and will not power back on.  I have done the forced re-start several times & nothing.  The phone starts to power-up and turns right back off.  My phone was fully charged before I attempted to install the update.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr will not power on after new update.
Dukegijoe

I am having the same issue, however, my screen won't even power on. The battery showed fully charged before the install, tried the power+volume down to force restart, and am getting nothing! I am seeing a lot of people complaining about issues with the forced update, however I am seeing little response. This is a serious lack of testing if there are this many prevalent issues with the update....

0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr will not power on after new update.
ejf74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try holding power + vol up and vol down keys simultaneously (all at the same time).  It should bring you to the bootloader menu, use volume down to go to recovery, press volume up to select it.  An android lying on his back will appear, press the volume up and down keys at the same time, hold for about 5 seconds and release.  Scroll down to wipe data factory reset, use the power button to select it, it will go back to the main menu, scroll down to wipe cache, back to main menu and restart device.  If that doesn't work, try Verizon support on the phone and/or bring it in to your local Verizon store.

0 Likes