Droid Tubro Black Screen
spike260
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had my Droid Turbo replaced twice because the phone after booting up will go to a black screen. Droid boot up screen shows up fine but the screen goes black after it loads up. you can hear the notifications and it even rings but you cant do anything. Verizon just keeps ordering another. On top of that my first droid was the balistic orange now they replaced it with the black and tell me sorry.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Tubro Black Screen
spike260
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found out that it was a software issue. I plugged the phone into a computer and downloaded the software update/ repair software and did a software repair and it will fix the issue. Phone started working after doing so. Sent replacement phone back to Verizon yesterday as I now don't need it. Then today got a new software update and still working fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the heads up spike260. I'm confident that together we can get this taken care of. A blank/black screen when not wanted can be a huge inconvenience. May I ask what's the last action taken on the device before you had this issue? Can we assume that there isn't any physical/liquid damage on the Droid Turbo? As you share the details then we can assist.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
spike260
Enthusiast - Level 2

The first phone I had three months with no type of damage. This last phone I have had for 13 days.

spike260
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both had the exact same problem.

spike260
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is it that I have to except a different Droid turbo that the one I originally bought three months ago. I was told Verizon only had the black ballistic. I was told tonight by a friend that works for Verizon that you still carry the orange ballistic. I do not like being told that I have to settle for less than what I had. no one seems to want to help. I want two things.

1. To find out why the two droid turbo phones I had both had the same exact problem

2. why I had to settle for something else instead of what I had.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spike260,

I appreciate you brining your concerns to our attention. We are here to help and clarify in any way we can. Let’s ensure that we address all your concerns today. In regards to the phone having the exact same issue, I agree, that is odd. We may want to check the health of the phone out for you or try in Safe Mode: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-118294/  to see if an application is potentially causing this issue. It’s very rare that a phone is having the same issue it was replaced for due to manufacturer defect so we would want to check that out. Please keep us posted on the Safe Mode testing to see if it still does it when in this mode for about 1-3 hours.

With regards to your concerns about color, we do replace the phone through warranty for like for like make/model/color. Being sent a black device, that means the Orange must have been out of stock. I can tell you that looking at the inventory, I just tried to place an order on an account  and it advised not in stock for me. Seems like it may have been a  mix-up from the information that  you were given from your friend but we are here to help. If you’d like for us to order another device for you, we can however we would want to do some troubleshooting first. Please keep us posted on the outcome and if you are interested( unless already ordered it) in getting a replacement phone.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
spike260
Enthusiast - Level 2

They have already ordered another phone and should be here today. I did boot it in safe mode and it still has a blank/black screen with safe mode at the bottom. you can still hear the notifications but the phone will not let you see anything.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi spike260!

Your efforts are greatly appreciated and I apologize for the inconvenience! I'm glad a replacement is on the way I am confident this will resolve your issue. We're here if you have any additional questions or concerns.

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dlene67
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just want to chime in here. I bought a new Droid Turbo a few months ago and experienced the same issue. I contacted Verizon and they sent me a refurbished phone which I received a week and 2 days ago. Today the screen has once again blacked out. I have turned the phone off and on several times. If I turn it on and leave it several minutes, occasionally the swipe screen will come up, but when I attempt to swipe it, the date flashes at the top of the screen and then goes black again. The function buttons remain lit for a few minutes, but are unresponsive. The phone begins to get very hot and after a few more minutes the screen goes completely black for about a minute; the swipe screen appears again, and the process starts over.

I am going to call Verizon shortly and feel confident that they will resolve this issue. I am posting this as a Reply to the above post, as opposed to a new thread, so that it will simpler for other users to compare similar issues they may be  experiencing..

spike260
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found out that it was a software issue. I plugged the phone into a computer and downloaded the software update/ repair software and did a software repair and it will fix the issue. Phone started working after doing so. Sent replacement phone back to Verizon yesterday as I now don't need it. Then today got a new software update and still working fine.

0 Likes