Re: Droid Turbo 2 Shutting Off Randomly with Battery Life Left
Vetbydefault

Same frustrating issue here. My phone will randomly shut down, initially showing a charge anywhere from 20-65%. When/if it turns back on, the battery might be anywhere from 3-30%. No amount of troubleshooting has helped.

0 Likes
Alannarenee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same problem. In apps, without touching it etc. WTH it's non stop. I've never had so many problems with a Motorola phone.

HDTVCAMERA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm experiencing the same issue. It's getting worse the only reason I'm responding is so Motorola and Verizon can see that this a growing problem that should be addressed.

Motorola, do you think anyone is going to purchase another one of your phones if customers run into an issue like this...and you don't help them? This is where you can shine or lose customers and your reputation.

KRH9402

I thought it was a battery issue like others, till I happened upon you lovely people......=)

Mine usually happens right at 30%ish  if I'm doing something on an app or online,  if not, I usually get to 20%ish.

Will now start to bug Verizon and Motorola about it.

Agree though.... I'm a LOOOONNNNGGGG time Verizon customer and have other issues resolved fairly well.... this "not much I can do attitude"  I'm hearing does not please me.

0 Likes
HDTVCAMERA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem until today. I had the battery replaced in the phone.and the problem was solved. Now my phone works like it did when it was brand new. There are lots of companies out there who can make the repair of battery replacement.

devendortech
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too.  Very disappointing.  In spite of the fact that the "indestructible" screen developed the green bar defect, and it's locked and loaded with verizon bloatware, I really liked the phone and expected it to last.

I replaced it with a PH-1 from Essential and am loving it.  Now I just need Verizon to allow an unlock on the hardware so this overpriced brick can at least be used for development.

0 Likes
devendortech
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good to know in case I ever need the spare.  I wonder if it's a fast charge vs battery service life trade off?

0 Likes
Veritascinci
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was initially happy with this phone but now it is worse than useless. The random shutdowns and bizarre indications of battery level is unacceptable. I need to be reachable and never knowing when a fully charged phone is going to shut itself down is ridiculous!

JCAMPB86
Enthusiast - Level 1

Even with the latest update I received over the weekend, still shutting down for no reason. I am seeing that EVERYTIME an app needs to update, my phone shuts down.  If this can't be fixed, I WILL BE BUYING a different phone from a different maker.  Find this totally disappointing from Motorola.

0 Likes
Toxonuts

I'm having the same issue after doing the latest security update (did the update two days ago). This is my 3rd Droid Turbo 2 phone. My original one got plagued with the vertical line down the screen so got a replacement. That replacement had a massive and noticeable burn in. So now I'm on my third phone and I'm dealing with the random reboot issue and I have to plug it into a charger to boot back up. It has happened to me twice in the last 8 hours, and I know the latest reboot I was using Snapchat and had 61% battery.

0 Likes