Droid Turbo 2 Vibrate Only Mode
MDB63

I've seen this asked in varying context, with varying answers, so here it is again.  Smiley Happy

I recently upgraded from a Droid MAXX with an older version of Android to a new Turbo 2 with 6.0.  On my old MAXX, I was able to hold the volume down rocker until it reached the end, then switched to vibrate.  This was a very handy feature for quickly silencing the phone, but not missing notifications.

My new Turbo 2 doesn't do that (or maybe I just haven't found it?).  I've seen a couple replies here and there suggesting that after the volume slider goes as far left as it can (not quite to the end), tap the handset icon at the left-most end of the bar, and that should switch to vibrate. While that does seem to silence all alerts, it does not enable vibrate. In the quick settings panel, there's a "Do Not Disturb" option that also turns off notifications but no vibrate option, just on or off. On the "Sound and Ringtones" panel, I set the option to "Also vibrate for calls" on. While that would be really annoying to have on all the time, it was worth a try to see if THAT would work. Still no luck.

I've seen a few forum notes saying that the vibrate only mode was taken out of Marshmallow and replaced with DND.  Really? That can't possibly be right. Can it?

Well, that was the long version of "how do I easily/quickly enable the Vibrate Only mode on my Marshmallow Turbo 2?

TIA

-Mike

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo 2 Vibrate Only Mode
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, MDB63. I have taken a look at a few of our resources to further research this. I'm happy to continue helping.

After taking a look at all the information we have in regards to this feature and phone, it appears this particular feature is not available for this phone at this time. We apologize if this has caused any inconvenience. Please reach back out for any other questions or concerns and we will be glad to help.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo 2 Vibrate Only Mode
Soundchasr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seriously, there's no way to quickly get to vibrate on the Turbo 2?  There has to be a way or a workaround!

0 Likes