Droid Turbo 2 broke my Hulu app.
WILLIEB020211

It won't play anything.  How can this be fixed?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo 2 broke my Hulu app.
SILLYRETTA

My Hulu also doesn't work..... Anybody?

0 Likes
REBZUB56

My Hulu hasn't worked since the newest update. Any answers to it yet? I've contacted Hulu and went in to the Verizon store and no one has any answers.

0 Likes
Blacksheep2013

Yeah after talking to Verizon support via a facebook chat for over a week

and a half they came to the conclusion that I got to do a factory reset on

my phone so that the update will reinstall and then reinstall my apps from

there. I've yet to do it cuz of the pain in the [Removed] that it is but I guess

I'll do it sooner or later

-Adam [Removed]

Austin Texas

inappropriate content and personal information  removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Melonie0416
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had to finally do a system restore, and now it's working again.

0 Likes
SLIVERPIX

I have no doubt this might, and i stress might, work.

From my own troubleshooting using fiddler as a proxy, im 90% sure the root of the problem is this latest update's ability to handle secure certificates and encoding. Most video service providers encode their streams, and this requires some type of root/server certificate for decoding by the client. For what ever reason this functionality is slightly broken. (meaning it works sometimes and sometimes it doesnt)

Im no expert in secure certificates, but I know enough to the troubleshoot the issue to this point.

What im not sure about ... is it cert authorization from the server (in this case Hulu)? or is it the client auth cert (Droid 2)... ???

What I know, is that Netflix was having this issue, and now its not. A local Telco with the same mobile streaming ability/experience as hulu and netflix has not a single problem since the droid update (i know this because I work for them). This alone makes me think the issue is more server side than client side, but I could be wrong.

Perhaps, someone with more knowledge/experience can take this to the next level, god knows I couldnt get hulu to do it.. and I would think they would WANT to solve this issue ASAP.

0 Likes