Droid Turbo 2 does not ring for incoming calls
trippo

Okay, this is the second time this problem has reared itself. The first time, Verizon replaced the phone thinking this is an anomaly.  I have a Turbo 2 and the phone just does not ring for incoming calls. this occurred about 2 months into each of the phones. Luckily, I have the phone set to vibrate, so at least I can detect the call sometimes. If I power down and restart the phone, the ringtone will be back. But shortly thereafter the phone stops ringing again. Again, a call will come in, as indicated on the display or through vibration, but the ringtone will not play. It is almost like it is in some kind of quiet mode such as laying the phone facedown. I think there is something afoot here!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo 2 does not ring for incoming calls
anothertaylor
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue, at times it rings just fine, other times there is no indication that a call has happened. If a voicemail is left then I see that I have a new voicemail but I do not see a missed call notification. I have not tried to turn on vibration but a bit annoyed that my phone is right in front of my and I am missing calls.

tomusn83
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having a similar problem. The phone will display the incoming call notification but will not ring. It must be powered off than back on, works for a couple days, then stops ringing again.

jadedj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. Three months into it and this rears it's head. The phone will vibrated, but will not ring. I have checked and rechecked the settings and that is not the problem. Goggling this, I find that it was also a problem with the prior Turbo. And of course, I can find no solution on line beyond recommendations of re-bootiing. Re-booting works for about a day and a half...at least with my phone. I'm pretty disgusted with this and the irony is I love this phone except for that.

trippo

Since I made this post, Verizon provided an update to the operating system (marshmallow). I jumped at the upgrade and haven't seen the problem arise again. I think the original issue was created by one of the apps, but instead of backing each one out, I went for the update. Have my fingers crossed that it solved whatever problem existed.  If you haven't loaded Marshmallow yet, see if it is available.

0 Likes
dogluvr87

I'm having the same exact problem.  I'm so frustrated.   A soft reboot fixes it for a little while, then the problem reappears.

trippo - how can I find & load Marshmallow?  I'm not a very sophisticated phone user. 

Thanks!

0 Likes