Droid Turbo 2 shuts off unexpectedly.Is there a fix
DOT1091

for shortness of time i copied the below issue for anther unfortunate Droid Turbo 2 owner as my phone is doing exactly the same thing and has been for since the last update. What is the fix? Is Verizon trying to fix it, Is Motorola trying to fix it. Or do they just don't care and we are left out in the cold. 

My phone will randomly shut off anywhere from 30-15% battery life left. Sometimes it happens when opening or performing an action in an app, sometimes it's when I wake up the screen to use the phone. Sometimes it shuts down and I can reboot and it keeps going, other times it shuts down and blinks the drained battery image at me and will not reboot until I plug it in. When I plug it back in, it goes back to 20+% battery life immediately. I use 2 chargers, a verizon car charger during the day when needed and and the OEM turbo charger at night. I used to be able to go a full day without charging, now I am lucky if I make it through lunch.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo 2 shuts off unexpectedly.Is there a fix
knotdamoma

I had great battery life on my Droid until just a few weeks ago.  Now it shuts off at anyplace between 30-15%.  Ran all the diagnostics I could find and everything says the battery is healthy.  So why is it shutting off when there's juice left?  I didn't mind when it shut off at 3-5%, but shutting off at 30% is ridiculous!!

0 Likes
toughteach
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid 2 is doing the same thing where there is between 15-20% battery and just turns off when trying to do anything with the phone. We're you able to find a fix? This sucks and is scary when I'm out late by myself thinking my phone works!

0 Likes
JOHLEH37

Same issue here.  I know that Verizon and Motorola both want us to just buy new phones, but how can I justify spending $600-$700 for a phone that will die within a year.  The quality of today's devices is an absolute JOKE and this is another example of big corporations playing all of us like fools.  Since when do you spend so much money on a device that you know will fail within 2 years.  QUIT VERIZON.  QUIT MOTOROLA.  That's the ONLY SOLUTION.  It's all made in China.

0 Likes