Droid Turbo 2 takes well over 24 hrs to charge (even on a fast charger) & discharges in less than 6
tstormwarning1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so mad about this,... I am ready to spit nails. I chose this phone specifically for it's long battery life,.... It has been everything but. I got it in Nov. or Dec. 2015. Nearly since day 1 this phone takes far too long to charge & drains much too quickly. I've tried various things to try to correct. I did a factory reset 2 weeks after I got it, since I did not have much installed on it. Reloaded only necessary  apps. Still the same- slow charge/ fast drain. Changed chargers several times, bought new fast chargers from Verizon, No change. Just last week I contacted Verizon Support. Was told to put it in safe mode for 24 hrs,... once again no change. The next thing they want me to do is to do another reset. If it did not work before, why would it work now? I am tired of, & do not have the time to be jumping through tons of hoops to get this resolved. What is the fast track? This is ridiculous. I do not have time to be jumping through all these hoops. I have a phone that must be tethered nearly 24/7 to use. That is not what I signed up for. If this thing is supposed to have such great battery life,.... prove it. I do not see it. Feel free to call me if you would like.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Turbo 2 takes well over 24 hrs to charge (even on a fast charger) & discharges in less than 6
tstormwarning1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Went to the local Verizon store. They put the phone on a charger/ tester & determined in less than 5 min that the battery was bad. They could not replace it, since it was a custom build. They gave me a contact # for Motorola. After a frustrating time with Motorola wanting to run me again, through the same diagnostics That Verizon put me through. They finally agreed to swap my phone for a new one. This one fully charges in about 3 hrs from less than 10%  & the charge lasts for a couple days.... That is what I chose the phone for.... but my God,.... what a pain in the butt to get corrected.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo 2 takes well over 24 hrs to charge (even on a fast charger) & discharges in less than 6
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does the phone say it is charging via USB or AC?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dealmein
Contributor - Level 1

You need to get through to Tier 2 Tech support.  Tell the front line reps to put you through to tier 2 tech support.  Tell Tier 2 Tech support you want a certified like new replacement sent.

You also can call Motorola directly and work with them directly for a warranty claim.

0 Likes
tstormwarning1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Went to the local Verizon store. They put the phone on a charger/ tester & determined in less than 5 min that the battery was bad. They could not replace it, since it was a custom build. They gave me a contact # for Motorola. After a frustrating time with Motorola wanting to run me again, through the same diagnostics That Verizon put me through. They finally agreed to swap my phone for a new one. This one fully charges in about 3 hrs from less than 10%  & the charge lasts for a couple days.... That is what I chose the phone for.... but my God,.... what a pain in the butt to get corrected.

0 Likes