Droid Turbo 2 update (2.28.17) has whacked out my phone
MerrittFam
Enthusiast - Level 2

Droid Turbo 2 update 2.28.17 has whacked out my phone! Phone is frozen when I wake it from sleep mode. Apps are freezing and closing randomly. Phone keyboard works intermittently. Messaging app keeps closing. My factory wallpaper disappears and comes back randomly. Some of my apps were erased by the update. The microphone works randomly. My Gallery app locks up. All kinds of stuff is going wrong. Even apps I've downloaded since the update aren't working right.  Help !  I went to the Verizon store today and they tell me there's nothing they can do, to return the phone under the Warranty.  Really?!

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
Re: Droid Turbo 2 update (2.28.17) has whacked out my phone
JAMHOU50
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having same problems. Messaging app is sporadic, wifi comes and goes, Pandora app won't even open, keyboard doesn't work right, phone freezes, etc... Sure am happy for the system update to make things better. NOT!!!

0 Likes
JENDAV66
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issues. Apps close unexpectedly or won't open. Voicemail won't play. When I call someone, I don't hear the ring. I've got several more months until I can upgrade and I'm not happy with this! I have to have a reliable phone for my job.

DBSR2001

I'm having a similar problem. Lots of different things keep freezing up, facebook, yahoo mail even my picture gallery! I thought it was just facebook at first so i uninstalled and re installed but it even does it with phone stuff.

0 Likes
TORTURETEMPTRESS187

Same here, guys. I have to type (anything) extremely slowly, else my magnifier engages. I thought it was my messenger, no. Thought it was my keyboard, no. I've never had lagging problems until this update. Wish I could go back.

0 Likes
CCURN30
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did a hard reboot...Into safe mode, then regular reboot..Things are better

On Mar 13, 2017 6:35 PM, "TORTURETEMPTRESS187" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

JAMHOU50
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is a hard reboot the same as a factory reset? Regular reboot just a regular reset? Did you lose anything?

0 Likes
PAPAB3AR17

Same problem. Be playing a game or Pandora and it will just randomly shut off. A lot of apps just freeze or take forever to load.

0 Likes
Smiles_sf6

This update sucks nothing but issues constant lag and freezing have done everything to clear up phone performance and still no improvement. I want my marshmallow OS back at this point. Theres no phones out that even peak my interest to leave my turbo 2

0 Likes
MISSMARGARET1123

Same issues here! Phone constantly freezes, camera opens on its own, black screen, keyboard unresponsive in texting and email, camera freezes when I do want to use it...this update has messed with EVERY APP!! Hello Verizon?!?!?!?! Fix this [removed] or AT&T is getting your phone and my 10 yrs of business!

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes