Droid Turbo 2 will not appear in SUA tool, is there any way to get this to work?
jt9224

I have recently installed the Verizon Moto SUA tool and I cannot get my Turbo 2 to be recognized by this software.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo 2 will not appear in SUA tool, is there any way to get this to work?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jt9224,

Being able to keep your device updated easily is important and we want to make sure you're able to do so. Other than the software is your Mac/PC recognizing the device when plugged in? Has your phone alerted you that there is an update available? You can check for current updates on your phone by going to Settings and System Updates.  Also, what is your current System Version? Check by going to Settings and About Phone.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo 2 will not appear in SUA tool, is there any way to get this to work?
rbird2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can not get the Software Upgrade Assistance (SUA) to work on my Desktop PC but was able to get it to work on my wife's Desktop PC. I tried on my laptop and found that the Verizon Software Upgrade Assistance (SUA) works (recognizes the phone) on the laptop's USB2 ports but will not work on the USB3 ports. My wife's PC has USB2 ports and My PC has USB3 ports. All the above computers are running Windows 10.

Based on my testing, it appears that the Verizon Software Upgrade Assistance (SUA) does not work with USB3 ports.

Try using a PC or laptop with USB2 ports.

boomerang503
Enthusiast - Level 3

Per Motorola, the SUA is only available for phones that were produced before Motorola was purchased by Lenovo. The last couple generations of phones no matter the carrier, or series will not be supported by that software. (I found that out by phoning Moto about the pending software update for Marshmallow.)

0 Likes
rbird2
Enthusiast - Level 3

If the Verizon Software Upgrade Assistance (SUA) PC tool no longer works what are we to use?

The Verizon web page below still refers customers to the Verizon Software Upgrade Assistance (SUA) .

DROID TURBO 2 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

From the above web page:

"If for any reason this software update doesn’t fully download, our Software Upgrade Assistant tool (*PDF) can provide immediate self-serve troubleshooting guidance"

Verizon Customer Support:

1) Please provide a link to the new PC-USB cable software update tool.

2) Please update the above information to include this information.

0 Likes
NickT88
Enthusiast - Level 3

This doesn't work for me either. I just purchased a new ASUS laptop a little while back and the computer and phone acknowledge the connection but SUA can't detect the phone. The 2nd update for 6.0 failed immediately when it tried installing on my phone and I can't seem to update it manually. I've tried clearing the cache too. Nothing is working for me.

0 Likes
jrswitz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Install SUA on a pc with USB 2.0, could not get it to work on USB 3.0. I used my old laptop. and it worked fine.

0 Likes
NickT88
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've tried installing SUA on two different computers and neither of them even bring up the SUA installer. They bring up the Motorola Device Manager installer. And this doesn't even actually install the device manager. It does nothing anymore.

0 Likes