Droid Turbo 2 will not charge
LakeGuy2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased a Droid Turbo 2 in the middle of November of 2015. I have only ever used the charger that came in the box, as well as the car one that the Verizon Store I purchased the phone from sold me alongside the phone. I also used the Otterbox protector that the store sold me alongside the phone. 

Around March 2016, the phone became harder to get to "connect" to the charger and also began to overheat (too hot to hold), and a few days ago, it got so that I had to hold the charger in at an angle to get any charging. Now, it is completely dead and will not respond to any charger, at any angle.  I took it by the Verizon store where I had bought it last year, but after taking it in "the back" and attaching it to different chargers, they couldn't reproduce the problem. The phone got worse,and now doesn't charge at all. I took it back to the store yet again, and this time they too were not able to charge the device.  They told me that my only option was to send it in and get a refurbished phone as a replacement. This is unacceptable, as I paid for a NEW device which apparently has either a faulty battery or a faulty MINI-USB port.  Either way, I will not take a refurbished device as a substitute for the otherwise perfectly fine device I bought last winter.

I should add here that I do not have the money to spring for a wireless charger, and have no idea if I could rent one or something.

Does anyone have any ideas? The woman at the store rudely told me that I was "certainly free to take it to a phone repair shop and void [my] warranty." 

Super unhelpful.

As the phone is now completely out of juice, I can't do a FDR, nor can I conceivably pull my precious data out of the device before I do a FDR.

Labels (2)
Re: Droid Turbo 2 will not charge
LakeGuy2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should add that they took my (to my belief) perfectly good motorola charger and exchanged it for a (probably) [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] verizon wireless charger.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you considered getting a new wired Motorola charger from them or Amazon or another charger altogether?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kdurk215
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having same exact issues s far as the over heating, charger not working I went to the store and they sent me a refurbished phone which is now doing the same exact things. The only way the first phone would charge was with a wireless charger which I could not afford either. My second current phone will charge but just at an extremely slow rate. It will charge all night and not be full. I agree with u because I paid for this phone brand new and they send me a used one. This is not something I have done to the phone!

0 Likes