Droid Turbo-3rd time rebooting and optimizing apps in three days
comprocon

For some reason my droid turbo has been rebooting several times a day.

Right now, it has been experiencing a reboot loop that it can't start.

I see part of the lock screen and then it reboots

This time, it started with the

"Android is starting... Optimizing app xx of xxx" message

this is the third time it has done this "android is starting... " thing in as many days

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo-3rd time rebooting and optimizing apps in three days
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to have these issues with your device. We are are to help. Did anything happen before the issue started? Any updates or app installations? Did you see any error messages?
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
comprocon

today my phone rebooted 5 times. 3 of those times, it did so where it went to optimizing all the apps (Android is starting,... .optimizing app 119 of 126)

I'm backing it up, will call tech support, they will probably have me do a hard reset

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

comprocon,

I am so sorry to hear about your phone constantly rebooting. We want your device to have fully functionality. I appreicate the details you have provided. What software version is your device running on? http://vz.to/1gFYxuF Have you tried a factory reset on your device yet? http://vz.to/1EtH0dI

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jdakoz

My phone started shutting off a couple weeks ago.  I'd say it's been doing it at least 3 times a week for no reason.  Today I was talking on it and shut off. The battery was 98%.  It took me over an hour for it to reset because it sits on the droid start up page then has to optimize all the apps.  I have had nothing but trouble with this phone since I bought it in December.  Motorola even replaced my first phone because of the issues.  I have been a very loyal customer to Verizon and Motorola for many years but now I'm really thinking of changing both.  Also another issue is group messaging.  I can send or receive group messages and I have to hit download on their comments to receive them or most of the time they won't even load.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jdakoz

A smartphone should be a fun experience. We would be sad to see you go over issues with a device. Lets get this working for you. What are you doing on the phone when it restarts? What do you have to do to get it running again? What new applications have you installed recently?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ValasekJason

My Turbo has been doing the same thing for the past few days.

Clearing the cache partition didn't help.

Factory reset didn't help.

As of right now, it randomly turns off by itself, and every time it turns back on, it goes through the "Optimizing app ## of ##" screen. This causes the battery to drain significantly because it does this multiple times a day.

0 Likes