Droid Turbo (64GB) keeps rebooting then needing to optimize apps
j-batchelor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Starting last week, my Droid Turbo has started to act strangely. I did a full reset of the phone back in October, on the 14th. I haven't used more than a third of my available space, last I checked, but I've been getting random reboots, and last week was the first time it reset on me, then showed me the "Android is starting... Optimizing app xx of 70" message.

I'm a year away from being able to trade this in, but this is not cool, Verizon. what's going on with this phone??

Labels (2)
Re: Droid Turbo (64GB) keeps rebooting then needing to optimize apps
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@ j-batchelor I regret you are having this trouble with your Droid Turbo. That is a pretty awesome phone so I am sure we can fix this. Any changes to the device before this started happening (i.e a new app recent software update, damage)? Anything else happening with the device?
AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
j-batchelor
Enthusiast - Level 2

No system software updates that I was aware of. I checked, and it says there are no updates pending. I uninstalled the last app I installed when I first noticed the behavior (other oddities have been cropping up in recent months, but I didn't start getting worried until the rebooting thing started up). The app was a Unity game that a friend was looking for feedback on, but Verizon's security program said it passed with no worries, so I highly doubt it was that.

Other weirdness I see more often recently:

* Music is playing (Spotify or Google Music), a call comes in, music doesn't drop out but plays over the call on a Bluetooth connection

* Strange behavior when connecting to Bluetooth in either of my two vehicles (a Honda Fit, which works most of the time, and a Ford Flex, which is a lot more random).

* Today, the Home screen would flicker on, then restart, then restart, then stop and show the "recent apps" display. Tapping the Home button again would start that over until it stopped showing anything. I would try to activate the phone with a wave or the power button, and get the unlock, but when I unlocked, it would just stay blank. Had to force-reboot the phone and that was the most recent instance of it having to "optimize" the apps again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you noticing the behaviors of the Droid Turbo j-batchelor. This certainly helps us in customizing a solution for you. May I ask did you get any of these symptoms immediately after your did the factory reset but before re-adding apps and info to the device? In such a situation, we suggest testing the device before putting apps back on. Also, if you can confirm if there's any liquid/physical damage on the device then we can continue as well.

ArnettH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
j-batchelor
Enthusiast - Level 2

None of the symptoms started occurring (except for some of the Bluetooth oddities) until 2-3 weeks ago. And no, the device has not suffered any physical damage. Bluetooth defects have appeared quite regularly since the upgrade to Android 5.1, but have only gotten worse over time, not better, with a short reprieve after the factory reset in October.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
@j-batchelor, thank you for all the details.  Now let's get your phone back on track. With the issues you have discribed I would also be concerned.  Since your issue is more widespread than just the bluetooth. I would recommend doing a factory data reset http://vz.to/1R8LjWf again with out restoring your applications. I would recommend only adding them in small groups of 2-3 applications at a time (day) so we can isolate this problem.

AdrienneP_VZW

0 Likes