Droid Turbo Gmail notification numbers
ChrissyB27

I just got the Droid turbo. I'm using Gmail as my email client and I have 3 email accounts set up for Gmail. I only want notifications for one account but on the gmail icon it shows the number of new emails I have for all accounts I have registered on my phone. I do have notifications turned off for the other accounts so I don't receive a notification on my notification bar but it does count those towards the number on my gmail icon of new emails. I only want to see the number of new emails for the one account I have notifications turned on.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo Gmail notification numbers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChrissyB27,

I can understand your need to have only one gmail account providing notifications. Here is a link to the user manual that'll assist with setting the device up with your desired preferences. http://bit.ly/1E4cPzJ.

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ChrissyB27

Thank you for your response but that was not helpful.  I feel like you didn't even read/understand my question.  I've read the manual and turned OFF notifications for the 2 accounts I don't want notifications for.  BUT I still see the number of new emails for ALL THREE accounts on the mail icon.  I only want to see the number of new emails for the ONE account I have notifications turned ON.

turboscreenshot.jpg

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't seen anything like that on an android phone since I last used an HTC phone and then I don't think it was on the Gmail application icon.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes