Droid Turbo Group Texting Problems??
ZooMamax5

Just switched my daughter over from an iPhone to the Droid Turbo.  She is using the messaging app on the home screen.  She is no longer able to receive group messages, be added to groups from the other end, or send to groups in her contact list. Thoughts?  Fix? Alternative app suggestions?  Would love to fix this before she heads back to school in the next couple of days.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Turbo Group Texting Problems??
1acallis1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would make sure that iMessaging is turned off in the iPhone if you still have it. I work for an independent retailer and you'd be supprised how many people have this problem. When switching phones the last thing they are worried about are settings on the old one. But I have noticed that iphones are really strange in that when i Messaging is turned on it somehow sticks to the account causing messaging problems when switching to an android.

Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Does she have it turned on? Check the settings to make sure it's not off.

0 Likes
AmydeV
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where in settings is group message on/off button??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi AmydeV,

I'm more than happy to help you with group messages. first, go to Apps, then People. Press the top right icon, then choose the group of people you want in the group message. Here's a link to the manual from the manufacturer. http://bit.ly/1GAhYxi You can pull it up, and do a search on "group."

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

AmydeV wrote:

Where in settings is group message on/off button??

The 3 button overflow.  Everything working fine for me even with this type of reception in NC. 

Anyone who knows I am from Hawaii...  Yes I am doing field work Smiley Sad and Verizon coverage at this connectivity is still better than the other major carriers.

2014-12-19.png

1acallis1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would make sure that iMessaging is turned off in the iPhone if you still have it. I work for an independent retailer and you'd be supprised how many people have this problem. When switching phones the last thing they are worried about are settings on the old one. But I have noticed that iphones are really strange in that when i Messaging is turned on it somehow sticks to the account causing messaging problems when switching to an android.

Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support
0 Likes
NaturalHerb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also having the same issue as the original poster. I know exactly where the groups are displayed on my turbo, but there doesn't seem to be an option to create a message for that group, nor to add them to an existing group. I already have a group for my students and a separate group for co-workers and would love to not have too manually add 30 people to a single message. I currently am able to receive group messages but can't easily create ones using a saved group using the green messaging app ( I've tried all 3 stock messaging apps and didn't see an option on any for this)

0 Likes