Droid Turbo Marshmallow Update?
c0l3773
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everything I have read shows that the Droid Turbo is to get the update. The Droid Turbo 2 update has already been released. So where is the release for the Droid Turbo?

Labels (2)
Re: Droid Turbo Marshmallow Update?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Motorola isn't finished with it yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JerWor
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think Motorola is finished, it's Verizon that isn't finished. Motorola's Marshmallow update says "This device will be upgraded to the Android 6 (Marshmallow) release of Android, pending partner support". Verizon's the partner. I think it's pathetic that Marshmallow has been out since September and Verizon still hasn't provided the update to its customers.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That isn't the only partner. The FCC Bluetooth, wifi and cellular radio manufacturers have complete their certifications before it can go to Verizon Wireless for the final build testing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Don't forget Google which also has a hand in it to test their apps. If they don't pass Google the play store will be removed. People actually don't know or realize this can happen.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I knew there had to be a "partner" I was forgetting. That's an important one.

0 Likes
AlexS77
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would just like an explanation to what is going on. The update was released, then pulled, then released again & now so many of us are stuck with it telling us our software is up to date, but that the system update failed....so was the update pulled AGAIN?

davinp
Enthusiast - Level 2

But it should not have to take 6 months since Marshmallow has been released from Google.

Other phones have already got updated to Marshallow, so why not this phone?

Verizon is taking too long

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Motorola doesn't have the support staff that they used to have. Motorola not Verizon Wireless is responsible for writing the code to the update.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

You know, this really amuses me. Everyone complains about the wait and then spends a month complaining how the update messed the phone up. Same vicious cycle for years.