Droid Turbo Messaging Delay
ahbh
Enthusiast - Level 2

ive been having problems all day today with the messaging+ app ive uninstalled updates ,disabled, enabled, updated this and all day its been slow getting messages 10 or 15 minutes after they are sent, sending takes forever. and it constantly has the  circle spinning on the message home screen....im not the only one experiencing this problem my husband has the same phone and is in another state. is there anyone else experiencing problems. is there a fix?

Labels (2)
Re: Droid Turbo Messaging Delay
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does the phone act the same if you use the Motorola Messaging app instead of the Verizon Messages+application?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ahbh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. Ive narrowed it down to having issues anytime I'm connected to WiFi it won't send messages and sends calls straight to my voicemail. If I turn off WiFi it works fine. Still has a short delay in messages

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Text (MMS) messages will only send over wifi through the Messages+ application and not the Messaging application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ahbh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I know this but messages have always sent whether I had the WiFi on or not...it shouldn't be effecting messages sent over the network I still have service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ahbh, I rely on my text messages everyday, so I know how important it is to ensure it works successfully everyday. Did you recently make any changes to your phone when issues started? Are you in a certain location when you experience difficulties with text messaging?

Thank You,
MichelleeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ahbh
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I'm not in a certain place. It's happening with my husband's phone as well and he's in another state for work. And I haven't mess w any settings or anything with my phone

0 Likes
rick_larson

I am having the same problem sending and receiving txt msgs over wifi.  Just started today

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ahbh, we definitely want you to be able to send the message with no problem. Let’s work together to get your messages flowing.  When using the Verizon Message +, you are using WIFI and data connection to send/receive messages. Have you tried using the default messaging application? Have you tried deleting the WIFI and re-adding it back on the phone?
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes