Droid Turbo OS update - NOT Lollipop
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Droid Turbo has a software update, but it IS NOT Lollipop (which was the rumor when the soak test invite went out).  It's a bug fix for VoLTE.  More info. can be found here:

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/02/22/latest-droid-turbo-update-isnt-lollipop-after-all-just-a-volte-...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo OS update - NOT Lollipop
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Perhaps they have seen the S5 problems and waiting this one out. I know they were having some issue with the VoLTE, good to have a fix.

B33
Legend

Yea all we can hope is that it works.. This phone has caused more headaches than is countable.. I know 5 reps solid that have stopped using this phone because of the issues,  it's worse G.C. than the Samsung Facinate and I wanted to get this phone so bad glad good info from others stopped that from happening..

But we'll see it may be the update that will solve all of the issues

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Companies are not doing their jobs correctly before releasing phones, codes/ updates and apps. The customers need to stop pushing companies to get out new phones and updates so quickly.

B33
Legend

Here's the Fixes of this Update:  Not a whole bunch but enough maybe to make the phone usable..

http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/benefits-droid-turbo-2-23-15.pdf?null

Fixes for low call volume issues

Email application fixes

DROID Command Center Widget update Fixes to

reflect up to date weather

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Not sure what you mean B33 about the Turbo not being usable.  What is making it unusable?  I have never had any call or other issues with mine.  By far the best phone I've ever had.  Originally I wasn't pleased about not being able to use data while on a call, but that was fixed in December.  Never had one dropped call yet with VOLTE. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I'm glad you chimed in   thank you)  I guess I was looking at it that the update this latest one would help the one's that were still asking for an update or something  to help render what issues some of customers were still mentioning about and what I was being told at our local store that was to stay away from the phone,  Even though there was update the one mentioned in December..  I guess you really don't know what a unit is doing unless you have one in front of you I wished I'd had one as a Test Unit or one as personal unit to go off of..

I would still Like to get one I really like the Nylon one and the Red one is really cool as well would it be ok to talk further more in a Direct Message when you have some free time I'd appreciate if we could.. Thanks again for replying b33

0 Likes