Droid Turbo XT 1254 Will Not Work in Android Device Manager Until Marshmallow/6.0 Upgrade
jhuntington
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spent two hours on chat with Verizon tonight trying to fix a feature that will not work--Android Device Manager, where you can locate your phone, lock it,erase it through Google.  Verizon offers that as a paid add on called, "Verizon Total Mobile Protection."

Finally, they gave me a number at Google (after giving me the wrong one first) and I Google and the rep said that my phone will not show up in Android Device Manager until the Marshmallow upgrade.  I wish someone at Verizon had known that, could have saved me a couple hours.

I'm posting here in case anyone else has a similar issue.  I hope we get that upgrade soon.

John

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo XT 1254 Will Not Work in Android Device Manager Until Marshmallow/6.0 Upgrade
Tidbits
Legend

That's false...

Here's why...

98% of Android devices are not on 6.0

Re: Droid Turbo XT 1254 Will Not Work in Android Device Manager Until Marshmallow/6.0 Upgrade
Tidbits
Legend

Open Google Settings from your device's apps menu.

Touch Android Device Manager.

Uncheck Allow remote factory reset.

Go to your device's main Settings menu, then touch Apps > All < Google Play services.

Touch Clear Data. Note that this action doesn't remove personal data.

Go back to Google Settings and select Allow remote factory reset.

Restart your device.

you might have to unselect remote factory reset to clear data in Google play services. After clear data the go back in select it again, reboot you should be good to go. if i have helped please say thanks

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

As Tidbits stated, this is completely false.  I have the Turbo and Android Device Manager works just fine.  My Turbo doesn't have the same menu sequence that Tidbits mentioned in his second post.  On my Turbo with Lollipop (same OS you should have), go to Google Settings in the app drawer, then scroll down to Security.  In the Security section make sure "Remotely locate this device" is turned on.  You should now be able to locate your Turbo with Android Device Manager.

JEFFT9988

I have the same issue.  My "allow" settings were already on, so I turned off.  Exited.  Opened and turned back on and accepted terms.  Rebooted, and it still doesn't work.  I am also one of the people plagued by the google sync issues which Google has said was a server issue on their side and they fixed this week, but it still doesn't work for me and many others. There are many threads on various boards as well as Google's Help site of people having the same issues.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes various devices since they introduced ADM. Even still people have trouble at times even having their devices show up in the Play Store. It's a lot more common problem than people think. The whole need to be on 6.0 is a lie. You can find various thread from various places like below. Isn't device ID carrier specific. Even affects overseas.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/70567/20150721/some-users-complain-android-device-manager-does-not...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The above what I posted fixes most people's problems. Sometimes it takes a couple tries and not all on the same day. Google needs it to be more consistent.

0 Likes