Droid Turbo cloning calls
Anitha2000

My phone records a phantom phone call at the same time when I call a business phone. Verizon did not solve the problem so far. Sim card is replaced. The phone is reset. Still the phantom calls logged in minute call. Do any had this problem and what did you? What do I do?

Thanks.

Byron.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo cloning calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Anitha2000,

Look no further help is here! What exactly is going on with your phone? Please clarifying what's going on so I may better assist. Are call numbers appearing in your call log that were never made?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Anitha2000

JohnB,

Calls appear in my minute log at the same time I am making a call to a business number. The calls originate from area code 469 GRNDPRIR followed by either 507 or 435.

It is annoying and also I am worried my phone is hacked.

Thanks.

===========

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing us with this info. To clarify, are the calls appearing in your call log like this: 469 GRNDPRIR  507/435?

Soes this only occur with a specific business number, or all business numbers dialed?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Re: Droid Turbo cloning calls
Anitha2000

Customer support:

The call cloning happens at the time when I get a business call or making a call to business.

Example:

Calls appear on the call log as-

I called at 9:37AM Minneapolis business  612....  11 minutes

Cloned call- logged at 9:37AM  GRANDPRARI 469-435-5617 -- 11 minutes

This is recurring every day since 1/17/2015. My cell phone sim card was replaced, phone was reset for original status. Cloning  calls might be around 400 minutes since 1/17/15. When I call the number, the message is: check the number and call or number is disconnected or not in service etc.

Please help me with a solution.

Thanks.

Byron.

0 Likes
Oly

I also see this, but in my case I believe the 'shadow' call is for all calls made through the Network Extender... regardless of what number is called (business, personal, mobile, etc.).

I did not get a satisfactory explanation from customer service when inquiring about this.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Interesting theory.

0 Likes
Anitha2000

Network extender provided by Verizon? Do you think that is the culprit?

0 Likes
Re: Re: Droid Turbo cloning calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Anitha2000

This is odd! Let's make sure we get to the bottom of this. You stated this started on 1/17/2015. Have you made any changes to the account, new phone, new applications, etc...? When dialing the business number are we able to dial a mobile number right after and see if the same occurs?

JorgeO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Anitha2000

No changes made to the account, new phone and applications. Verizon technician   replaced the sim card and restored the software to  its original status last week. Still I get the shadow or cloning calls when  I dial business calls. No shadow calls logged for private cell phone calls.

Can you get to the bottom of it? I hope Verizon will find the solution.

0 Likes