Droid Turbo is Vulnerable to Stagefright
ClayKirby
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to the StageFright Detector App The Droid Turbo is Vulnerable to Stagefright.

Screenshot_2015-08-13-12-00-07.png

This Vulnerability could be disastrous to users and their data.

My work provided phone which is a 3 year old Galaxy S4 has already been updated to fix the StageFright Vulnerability.

My question is... Why is it that when I pay for premium service with a premium flagship device that is less that a year old i can't get even critical updates like this in a reasonable amount of time?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo is Vulnerable to Stagefright
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn off the auto retrieve in the Text message application you use until Motorola has completed the update,  received certification approval and released the update.

It might also help you to read the other similar discussions on this topic within the community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ClayKirby
Enthusiast - Level 3

I turned that off the first day that StageFright was announced.

Motorola has already sent the fix to Verizon that's why i'm asking Verizon...

And as far as my post i'm asking a little bit different question.  I'm not asking is there a fix because i know they haven't released it yet.  I'm asking why is it that Verizon is so lax about security updates when they are the premium carrier with premium devices and premium prices???

0 Likes
ClayKirby
Enthusiast - Level 3

And besides Verizon hasn't answered anyone ones question about StageFright yet...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Don't believe what a low level rep has said when you call in. Motorola dev team has said otherwise.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They don't speculate or answer because people tend to treat what they said as an implied promise. They'll say something when they have it in their hands and it's ready to be released. Much like the whole Galaxy line updates are coming out for.

0 Likes
ClayKirby
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to the motorola dev team announcements they would have it to the carriers by august 10th

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They said STARTING not ALL that's a HUGE  distinction.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

October and still no official word

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know about that. See g

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes