Droid Turbo malfuntioning after recent update
swtkitty

I recently updated my phone to LP. Ever since then my phone rarely rings or sound notifications.  I've missed some VERY important calls.

I have powered off then on again. I found a post that said to remove the sim and then replace it, which I did. Nothing has worked. Have not done a factory reset or changed to advanced calling- reset is a royal pain that customers should not have to endure- professionals should just fix the problems. I do not want to incur additional charges just to troubleshoot a Verizon or Motorola problem.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo malfuntioning after recent update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Missing calls is not something we want to happen to you swtkitty. Let's get your phone back working normally for you. Are you using a standard ringtone that came with the phone or did you download a third party ringtone? Have you tried switching the tone to see if a different sound works? Do you see the notification on your phone that you missed a call or that an email or message came in?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
USMC_Veteran
Enthusiast - Level 3

My guess if you are missing calls is that your ring time (verizon would have to change it) is set to 0. I would call Verizon Tech Support and ask them if your ring time is set to 0? I bet it is... Hope that helps

0 Likes
swtkitty

I have been using downloaded ringtones from Zedge. I changed it just now to

see if that helps.

I only know if a call comes in by looking at the phone or there is a

notification of a missed call on the screen, there is no notification.

I noticed today, while listening to Tune In Radio, if a call has come in

the sound will stop but the call does not ring thru as it did prior to the

recent update.

I will get an occasional notification of a text but it's not consistent.

FYI, the alarm works fine using a downloaded ringtone.

On Jul 30, 2015 10:13 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

swtkitty,

Thanks for the additional details. Is the device currently backed up? We can attempt to reset the device to factory defaults to allow the update to reinstall and see if that will help resolve these issues. Prior to doing so, we'll want to make sure that your data is saved. Take a look here to see how you can use Verizon Cloud to back up your device http://vz.to/1p1RUE1. Once ready you can see here how to reset the device http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-117753/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes