Droid Turbo not working after a perfectly flat face plant on the floor. It only does a short vibrate every minute or so. Can anyone tell me what may have happened to it?
zllibengood

Droid Turbo not working after a perfectly flat face plant on the floor.  It only does a short vibrate every minute or so.  Can anyone tell me what may have happened to it?

The phone fell from waist high and landed perfectly flat face down on the hardwood floor with a "smack".  The glass already had a crack in it but that did not get any worse with this drop.  Can the LCD or motherboard get taken out with a "smack" like that?

Is there any other kind of reset on this device besides the pwr + vol dwn process?

Do the Verizon stores have a program or something that can try to reset the device through a computer?

I was wondering if the LCD gets taken out then does the phone stop working?  I know most phones will still work even the though the LCD is not.( i.e. you can still receive phone calls, emails, texts, etc. you just can't see anything.)  Mine does not.  It just vibrates every minute or so.

I'm pretty sure the phone is not under warranty as I bought it second hand.  I can take the phone apart and replace LCD.  I just don't want to waist my time and money if that isn't the problem and it turns out to be the mother board that is malfunctioning.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

-Zach

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo not working after a perfectly flat face plant on the floor. It only does a short vibrate every minute or so. Can anyone tell me what may have happened to it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zllibengood – A broken device always breaks my heart. If the device has suffered internal damage replacing the screen might not fix the issue. Do you have insurance on your line? Have you contacted Motorola? Here’s a link to get in contact with them. http://bit.ly/1hvrCaO
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes