Re: Droid Turbo rarely rings
SeedCornMan

My Turbo doesn't ring through often but also the party I'm talking to can't hear me most of the time unless I walk outside my office.  Never had to do that before with any other phone.  I'm beginning to think I should have bought some other brand of phone.

0 Likes
CMHScott
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine does the same thing.  It is the worst phone for voice quality.  I constantly have to move positions.  I "upgraded" from a first generation Moto X (which I loved) and I am so disappointed.  I should have learned my lesson from jumping on board with the Verizon exclusive Thunderbolt, which, like this, lags on updates and solid resolutions to problems.

Add to that each time you bring up a problem, the person answering seems to be clueless that anyone else is having the same problem.

0 Likes
Char471

I have the same issue.  The biggest issue for me is I have a son with asthma.  I can't afford to miss calls especially considering that I never know when the school may call about him!  Verizon you've got to do something.  This problem could mean the difference between life and death if I can't receive a phone call in time about his asthma or subsequently being taken to the hospital from school.

0 Likes
ricwothek

Listen up people this a Motorola software issue, the only solution is to get anew device ( not another turbo). Turbo has a problem reconnecting to the network once it loses signal. This is evident if you've had other phone and lived in the same area with no issues then it's the device. But it could also be the network, wait you just said it was software. It's a little of both more device but you may think you live in a good area with a great signal like me. But your signal is most likely marginal or low and your previous device never had a problem connecting to them. Like me always thought I was in a great area with my Maxx and turbo always had 4 bars and 4glte showing, but it wasn't until I had Verizon send a tech out on a Network ticket to check the towers in my area and later called to find out what the report said did I find that my area was marginal/low. Think of the Turbo like your wireless router it will always show that you're connected to the network as long as it finds a signal but it's not and that's why like you router you have to power down and power back up to fix the problem and reconnect to the network to receive calls. Until it loses the signal again. Now they will tell you they can do several things to fix but all these are temporary just like powering down and power back up is a temporary fix. The only true fix is the software update from Motorola which doesn't even have an expected release date. Can't why the software some how allow you to make call but not receive them. So my advice have them check your towers by putting in a network ticket and if it shows marginal coverage the they have to wave the Early termination fees and release you from your contract.  But make sure they put notes in your account each time you call have them read the note to you before you get off the phone. The more calls and notes shows that this is an on going issue and not your first time calling in. Especially if they tell you that you can cancel with out eft fees if the report states the signal strength is not up to par.  Then sell your phone back to Verizon as long as you do it on the same day your number is ported the can place a credit on your account which will be returned to you as a check once the account closes. That's why notes are important because as you know everyone tells you something different. Had one person note that the signal was marginal and no eft would be charged just call back after the number was ported. Even though that was noted another cs rep said it was low and low is better than marginal so I have to pay the ETF. Asked to speak to a manager asked him to read the notes and honor what I was told and the reason why I cancelled and they no choice but to honor the previous CS note about no ETF. PEOPLE YOU PAY FOR THE SERVICE Verizon see you as nothing more than another customer that will never leave no matter how bad their flagship phone fails to preform basic functions. I know this because before last month when I switched to AT&T  I was a 12year Verizon customer which when I called means nothing other than sending me a new defective turbo or paying to terminate my contract.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Not trying to throw this thread a Curve Ball but sometimes it's a Good thing to have a Landline especially in situations were HEALTH  is a Main concern having just a Local Line about 25 to 30 Dollars a month is well enough.. In some area's you have advanced 911 and you can use 800 numbers to call Businesses if needed..

Me and my Family utilize our Cell/Smartphones Quite a bit but we still have our Landline as well..

0 Likes
TDC2

I am having the exact same issue

0 Likes
meboy34
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm currently experiencing the same problem and Verizon acts like they can't fix or make things right! There are forums all over the internet of people complaining and Verizon won't own up!!

0 Likes
TDC2

Its a software issue, Motorola has to fix it.

>> Personal information removed by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes
Mattindirect
Enthusiast - Level 2

latest software update from last week seems to have excascerbated the issue rather than resolving it. i'm on day two of not being sble to make calls or recieve, even using same sim in a droid ultra works fine. tried rebooting, changing hd call settings, toggling from global to  lte, nothing seems to help at the moment.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Mattindirect!

I want you to receive all of your calls. Please allow me to look into this a bit closer. I've sent you a direct message in the forums, please respond back when you can.

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport