Re: Droid Turbo rarely rings
Jenpoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a Droid Turbo and its been horrible.  First my screen cracke on its own within the first week.  Motorola sent me a new one immediately because of the known problem.  Now my voice to text MIGHT work- its a hit and miss.  And this phone rarely rings.

I'm a business owner that is missing constant calls because of this horrible phone.  if you are looking to buy one- save yourself the brain damage!!!!  Its literally the worst phone I have ever owned.

A phone that DOES NOT RING.... come on?!?!?!?

I have to call customer service every other day... its been a total joke.

Smokinlib1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So it has started happening again!  Called CS and told them what was going on, again. This time they switched me to my local store, oh yeah, after offering me another gig of data " for free". Local stores says they have had no problems with the turbo, lmao!  I asked the rep if they ever bothered to look at the Verizon forums. Anyway, he tells me that I need to have the same problem on 3 replacement turbo phones for them to replace it with something else. I wish I had trusted my gut and bought an iPhone 6!  This phone is crap and both Motorola and Verizon know it.

Jenpoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im on the phone with them now- did you know you cannot remove the back cover on this phone... and to remove the sim card - which is the cure all- is literally impossiable.  If you have been ever able to remove the SIM card- PLEASE tell me how.  that appreantly is the cure all on how to get your PHONE to RING

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, the Droid Turbo is a sealed phone and the back cover cannot be removed.

How to remove the SIM card:

Remove the SIM Card DROID TURBO by Motorola | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
jbcollier22
Enthusiast - Level 2

"So have the same problem, but found that the phone kept defaulting the mobile network to 'global'.  As soon as you go into settings/more/mobile network/ preferred network type set to LTE/CDMA"

At least for me, since making the above change that cllang mentiond, my phone now seems to be working properly.  No more missed calls because it didn't ring. 

0 Likes
ricwothek

Had a Verizon tech support person tell me that it's a software problem that Motorola has admitted to but there is not an update yet for a permanent fix. So I also had Verizon run a test on my towers in my area to see if there was a problem and the signal in my area was marginal. So they released me from my contract with no early termination fee and I sold the turbo back to the store the same day I switched for 232 dollars and had them apply it to my bill since all they were willing to offer was a gift card for the 232. Verizon customer service rep said any money still on my bill after the termination is processed will be refunded to me in the form of a check. So in a few week I will get my 232 back

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
michelineia
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband got a DROID Turbo January 5th.  It started acting up a week or two ago.  Hard to tell since he doesn't get a ton of incoming calls, but when he does they are for work.  This is a huge deal!  Called Verizon and they had no clue other than to reboot or reset. Duh...told them we already know it works for a little while once we do that action.  The only thing that instantaneously seems to fix the issue without a reboot is the answer from cllang above.  Thanks for posting that info!  Although I worry that it will switch back and there won't be a notification.  Only time will tell...what a mess, and never buying a Motorola again!  Samsung only from now on.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

The issue lye's partly in the OS <> partly in the Calling feature <> and some of it is the phone, this issue is being seen not just in this phone it is affecting another Motorola as well the Droid Maxx that is why I have not updated to this OS that carries this calling feature...

0 Likes
fito1952

Instal hotspot in my cell

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi fito1952!

I can assist you with the details about getting a hotspot on your cell phone! Do you have the Turbo? What plan do you have? Please share some details, thank you!

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes