Droid Turbo - speaker sounds like it is muted
ASHESROCKINARANCH

Is there a way to trouble shoot a Droid Turbo speaker?  All of the device sound settings are at max, and you have to hold the phone to your ear to hear the ringtone.  I have rebooted several times and no change.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo - speaker sounds like it is muted
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ASHESROCKINARANCH, the speaker on the phone is just as important as the phone itself. I want to help make sure you can hear all your notifications and audio coming out of there. Let’s find the root cause together. When did this start? Do you have audio issues with everything such as watching a video on your phone, playing a song through your speaker, or taking a call through your speakerphone? Does the phone have any damage or has it come in contact with any liquid?

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ASHESROCKINARANCH

The phone has not been in water nor has it been damaged. The speaker was

working well and about 1 week ago maybe attains a volume of 3 out of 10.

The volume remains the same no matter what is coming through on the speaker.

On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 3:15 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ASHESROCKINARANCH

That is good to hear there hasn't been any damage on the Turbo. Do you (or have you ever) used bluetooth or corded headsets with the phone? Right around a week ago when this started, did you download anything onto the phone? If you could restart the phone into Safe Mode (here's how: http://vz.to/2esBT93 ), let us know if the sound improves.

RussellM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ASHESROCKINARANCH

Yes, bluetooth is used. I have already restarted into Safe Mode and the

sound does not improve.

Thank you..

On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 7:05 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ASHEROCKINARANCH, thanks for being so patient, and trying all of these troubleshooting steps. This is very strange to start experiencing. Have you check your settings for any software updates? Have you downloaded any new applications?

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ASHESROCKINARANCH

One new app, it is a file manager to read an SD card. Do you need the

program?

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 9:10 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm eager to get your phone working normally, ASHEROCKINARANCH. Can you tell me if you notice the sound (notification) gradually start to increase?

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
ASHESROCKINARANCH

The volume on the phone is showing that it is at maximum. BUT, when the

phone rings it sounds like it is only (on a 1 - 10 basis) at a 2.

This has not changed with everything that I have tried.

Thank you.

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 11:05 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ASHESROCKINARANCH - we are very grateful for everything you have done and I am confident that we will resolve the low audio issue you're having with your device. What software does your device currently have? Settings>System updates. If you turn the Bluetooth setting off does the same audio issue occur? Please turn your Turbo off and remove your SIM card. Here's how. http://vz.to/2fZSiCA After a minute place your SIM card back on the phone and power it up. Please test the sound levels on your device. Also please go to Settings>About phone and provide us the Model number. I see you mentioned having a Droid Turbo, however the regular Droid Turbo does not support a memory card. Thank you in advance.

JacobV_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes