Droid Turbo switching time by hours randomly
Talldend48
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Time on my DROID Turbo randomly changes by hours for a about an hour before switching back

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo switching time by hours randomly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is very strange, Talldend48. Did this start happening after a particular applocation was installed? Do you notice if the time changes with a particular function on the phone, like a phone call or a message coming in? Please double check the Date and Time settings on your phone http://vz.to/1w8CehN to make sure the right time zone is selected.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Talldend48
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll try to see if it's anything particular but I don't think it is because it comes in batches,  will happen a few times over 3 days then be fine for a month.  Also happens to my fiance with the same phone at the same times.  It might be Verizon sending the wrong time.  We are in 19130 area code if anybody can investigate that.

0 Likes
GeorgeX

This Monday morning I found that my Droid Turbo had moved back an hour in time. My alarm is set by my phone on my Sonos system so it woke me up an hour later than it should have making me late for work. My phone had correctly moved forward an hour early Sunday for daylight saving time change.

0 Likes
lizzie14

same thing happened to me - one hour late to work.  it says i'm in alaska.  how do we fix?

0 Likes
GeorgeX

My phone moved back to the correct time a little while after I posted that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lizzie14,

We don't want you to be late to work again. Lets get this resolved. If you go to Settings>Date and time does it show you are in the correct time zone? Is automatic data and time along with automatic time zone selected. If all these options are set correctly please uncheck automatic date and time and automatic time zone, then recheck and power cycle the phone. Lets us know if the time changes back.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dhafford

Same thing happening here in Albuquerque, NM.  I have my phone set to automatically receive time/date from the network.  I've tried unchecking & rechecking automatic info, then rebooting the phone.  I've looked at setting the zone manually, and the phone only lists Mountain time, not Mountain Daylight Time, and currently the GMT is the same as AZ (which does not recognize DST).  After doing a broader search this seems to be a problem being experienced by users, regardless of phone type.  And worse, it's completely random.  No idea when it's correct & when it's not.  This is doesn't seem to be a device problem, but a network problem.  When can we expect a fix?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
This is very strange dhafford! Let's get some more clues & explore options to resolve! When did this timing issue start? Did you notice if the issue started after updating/installing a particular application/software? Do a Wipe Cache Partition http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-117345/ for now and test.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
AJAlexandros

I am also in Albuquerque and my Turbo started doing this on April 4th. Nothing has helped, including factory reset, and if I go in and manually change to the correct time while "Automatic Date & Time" are unchecked, and then check the box for the Automatic Date & Time, my phone switches to the wrong time, which is an hour behind, even though the time zone is correct. This also makes me think it is network related and for some reason is retrieving the wrong time from the network.

If I reboot the phone it will keep the correct time for anywhere from 3 hour to a day, then it does it again. My alarms for school and work are set by my phone, and so this is super frustrating.

0 Likes