Droid Turbo talk and surf at the same time
Andrew1707

Hello,

So I just brought my Droid Turbo home and have started testing it. I bought it knowing that it only had one antenna, but I had read that a new update was pushed that allowed for simultaneous talk and surfing. My software update is up to date (21.44.12.en.US), and the notes on the update even mention this feature was included in the update (why it is a "feature" and not a standard is beyond me). I just tried it again, and I can't surf and talk at the same time. Can someone explain this issue; is it only possible when using advanced calling over XLTE? The discussions I could find on here were all dated 6 months ago (before the latest update).

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo talk and surf at the same time
Snn5
Legend

Yes, this feature is in Advanced Calling (VoLTE) and requires that both handsets on the call have the feature enabled.  XLTE is just another avenue for compatible phones to take to avoid network congestion.

0 Likes
Andrew1707

Both people talking must have advanced calling? Wow that's unfortunate. I guess I will return this phone.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Most 4G LTE Android smartphones today already support simultaneous voice and LTE data without Advanced Calling 1.0. However, some newer Advanced Calling 1.0-capable devices such as the Droid Turbo by Motorola do not support simultaneous voice and LTE data unless Advanced Calling 1.0 is activated.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

No, no, no....both handsets do not have to have advanced calling for you to be able to surf and talk at the same time.  Not sure where some of you get this info.  All you have to do is enable this in the Settings then Advanced Calling section.  Also, log into your Verizon account and enable Advanced Calling (I'm not sure you even have to do this, but some say you do). 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yeah, both handsets do have to be enabled for the HD voice to work.  Refer to my 2nd and 3rd posts for further information regarding FAQ, HD Voice, VoLTE, and Advanced Calling 1.0 as well as simultaneous surf and talk.

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, they both have to have Advanced Calling for HD voice to work....but that is not what the OP was inquiring about.  You can do simultaneous calls and data with the Turbo with ANY other phone (cell or landline) as long as you have Advanced Calling enabled on your phone.  The HD is an EXTRA feature that makes for better call quality if both have Advanced Calling, but I assure you that you can make regular voice calls the same as with any other device, AND use data calling any cell or landline once you have it enabled on the Turbo. 

0 Likes